V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard several rumors that H/D will have 3 or 4 NEW VRSC models for the 2003 model year. H/D is being very, very quiet on the subject. Anybody got any details?

I'd certainly enjoy a touring model. I wonder though how one will go about "ordering" a model that doesn't officially exist? :confused: I may go fishing at a couple of the local dealerships and see if they're taking deposits for '03 VRSC's.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
The only confirmed official word is "two different color treatments for the VRod" for the anniversary model.

You should have your answer in mid July in Atlanta.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
2003 VRSCA

I've been told that H-D will offer a two-tone V-rod for '03. No details yet on what colors will be available. My best guess: Black & Orange.

Rob

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had read there will be 4 new models and a variety of color schemes.

I also heard that the H-D test rider that was recently killed was a 'new' V-Rod that had the pegs under the seat and forks were not raked out as much. Guess it's the sportbike version?

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, Bart!

Welcome aboard! Glad to see ya' posting here. There are a lot of good boards/forums/groups on the Internet. Ya' just found another one! IMHO, the BEST. :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for referring it to me, Jim! I also signed up for the Yahoo! group.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Visited a local H/D dealer today for an "event". Have posted about that in another Forum. Talked about the '03 V-Rod. The color schemes discussed above were all confirm. Yes, there will be at least one new model. No details till the Dealer Show in late July. This dealer will not take any deposit(s) on '03 models till at least May. I was shown a "concept" V-Rod in an issue of Cycle World. This "concept" model was nearly 100% sportsbike in it's look. Hmmm. Absolutely nothing on a touring model.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One of our members posted on another V-Rod board that he's heard via his dealer that H/D will NOT be greatly expanding the VRSC line in '03. Too bad! :( I'll hold out hope for several new models until the new ones are actually out. And my hopes are crushed. :eek: OK, maybe not "crushed" but I'd still like to see several new V-Rod models. Hope it can happen in '03. We'll see in a few months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts