V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine that owns 2 Porsches was invited to a tour of the Weisco manufaturing plant in Mentor, Ohio. Weisco makes the pistons for Porsche's and was recently awarded the V-Rod account from HD because the former manufaturer had "too many piston failures". On this tour my friend saw a V-Rod on the shop floor with the engine pulled and disassembled so he inquired, knowing I's be interested. They are working on a big bore kit, supposedly expected to produce 150RWHP! The Weisco rep. said "Harley looks like they were really thinking ahead when they designed the engine". Hope all this is true:D

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yes.. Dave says 4 months! There was some discussion on weather the injectors are going to handle the fuel requirements! This should be good!

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Sad Sad Sad

Just came in from a 3 day conference in Las Vegas. Yeah, yeah. It was tough but somebody had to do it....

The conference involved labor relations issues. The MoCo is actually on the cutting edge of employee relations. The Machinist Union Local Lodge Pres. representing the Kansas City plant and the #2 management guy spoke about their "partnership" arrangement, in a workshop and at a plenary session. Why is this relevant to the thread?

Wearing a Harley tie one day and a 100th anniversary shirt the next, I pigeon holed both of 'em. Since the V-Rod is manufactured at Kansas City, I thought I could scrape up a tid-bit or two about the prospects for a VRSC touring machine in 2004.

The most encouraging words I got were: you shouldn't be optimistic. That's a strategic decision and we're not aware of it being made. Hmmmm.

I was duly depressed.

:(

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Mind Boggling

Howdy Jim,
I just returned from a long weekend in the Palm Desert/Idyllwild area. Tough duty all right;)

The VRSC motor is a quantum leap in technology and performance from the old evo motor. With this motor, H-D can compete with any manufacturer at any level. Why would the M/C not be considering this motor in a touring bike is beyond me? If H-D put this motor in a ST bike (sport-touring) I would be the first deposit. With emissions coming in'04, it is only a matter of time before H-D is *forced* to expand the VRSC production into other classes.

Patience my friend.

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
get in line boys... forms behind my fruit of a loom tag...!

·
Registered
354 Posts
rhauft said:
... so how much over list are we willing to pay???:confused:
Ahh, good question, and the answer is....................$0 over MSRP:D

I haven't paid over MSRP yet, and I'm not about to start now:p

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
OldBoy99 said:
Ahh, good question, and the answer is....................$0 over MSRP:D
I haven't paid over MSRP yet, and I'm not about to start now:p
...and you call yourself an enthusiast??? :confused:
Sorry OldBoy99 that's not how the game is played;)
You are relegated to the back of the waiting list and your deposit is forfeited :eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts