V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a set of MH Instruments Rumble road amplified speakers yesterday on my 06 RKC. They are a relatively easy install, although the wiring harness is a bit cumbersome with a number of RCA jack connections. Install is much cleaner and hiding the wires is much easier if you elimnate some of these connections and hardwire using solder and heatshrink connections. I made my hot connection in the headlight bucket to the unused lead for a fender light (orange and white). The speakers ground to the handlebar clamps. This worked well and allows the system to run in the accessory postion as well. I am using an MP3 player mounted on a Kuryakyn universal handlebar mount. I was able to neatly hide nearly all the wiring so the install was pretty clean. As far as the sound, I would call it adequete for the price of the system..no more or less than expected. Using an MP3 player there is no bass or treble control..only volume but the system should adequetley provide anyones need for tunes. MH Instruments does make an equalizer to provide some control over the bass and treble, but it is pricy and would take up additional space on the handle bar. These are questions I had before buying the system.
My question is if anyone has used this system and how waterproof or water resistent is it. As far as washing the bike, I figure a couple of Ziplock backs should keep them dry, but would like to know how they would hold up if they get caught in the rain. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
I used to have them on my crash bars. I couldn't hear them too well at high speeds so I took them off.

Your right about the RCA connections. What are they thinking putting those on?

As for water, like you're thinking, I just put something over them if I washed the bike. When I had them on my bike sat outside in all kinds of weather. Never had a problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I installed a set on my 05 RKC. I used chrome wire dressing but I thought about cutting off the RCA connections and using crimping connectors and shrink tube. I just need to make sure it will still work if I bypass the connections that came with the system. Otherwise, I was able to hide the wiring pretty good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts