V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody been to this rallyin Ruidoso New Mexico? I had a vendor tell me that there is over 30k that attend this rally ( There are 2 one in the spring and 1 in the fall, with the fall being the better one I was told)
Please shed some light on this and the surrounding country side.

I would like to spend some time in New Mexico and this might be a starting point.

Comments?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
I have not been to the fall rally, Ruidoso is not a big town to start with and 30000 would be kinda overwhelming I think, I have been in the spring and had a great time there are some great roads and sites to see, whenever you do go be sure to ride up to sunspot just outside of Cloudcroft

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
An article in the Ruidodo news stated over 30,000 people at the fall rally in 2006. http://www.motorcyclerally.com/page26.htm
Never been to the rally, but have been to Ruidoso a few times. Pretty country around there. Used to hunt deer around Capitan and White Oaks. Look up Ruidodo on Google maps (hybrid view) and get an idea about the countryside.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I try to visit both every year. 2 hour ride for me. Go to www.motorcyclerally.com for dates next year.
The one in the Spring is indeed smaller. (May 15-18, 2008) This is the one I try to visit every year, it's mainly at the Convention Center. Great time of the year to visit and ride. Bring your leathers!

The Fall is the largest. (Sept. 17-21, 2008) The weather is a little warmer, mid-70s. There are many people that frequent this Rally, 30,000 might be right, but I don't think 30,000 actually register. The hotels are extremely expensive for both, so book early.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts