V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read about this gun. I have searched the internet and so far every article I have found likes the gun. I own 3 ruger pistols now and like the brand. The gun is ver reasonably priced at $430. Does anyone own one?

·
Squidly Do Right
189 Posts
Decent Price

I have my dealer's license and I looked up my wholesale cost on the Ruger P345PR and my cost $336.63 + $15 shipping to me. So your reatiler is marking it up 25% or so.

That is a fair mark up for someone paying for a building, light bill, insurance and employees, etc.

I am a Glock Fan and own 6 of them. I have yet to get their new .45 GAP round, but the pressures are pretty much the same as .ACP. I think most people thought there would be grumbles from the traditionalists (old-timers) about it being a wasted round, but time and testing have proved there is a place for it, especially when the goal is to carry more ammo with one of the largest rounds for a concealable handgun.

My experience with Ruger P series guns is they have an amazingly smooth slide.

My only .45 ACP gun now is a Kimber Tactical LE ... that is in a league of its own for not being a true custom.

I admit, even with (or because of) all my training I am comfortable carrying a 9mm and most of the time you will frisk me and find a Kahr PM9 or Glock 26 or Glock 19 on me with Speer Gold Dots from Georgia Arms ammunition. Hard to beat 1250 FPS in a proven bullet.

If you decide on a .45 ACP in the end and it is for CARRY I would recommend a round like the Corbon PowR'Ball. In wintertime the hollow point could fill up with clothing as it makes its "self-defensive journey" -- turning it into ball ammo anyway. You might as well have science on your side.

I know I put a lot of thoughts and opinions in a Ruger post, but I hope I helped you realize you are getting a decent price. The only down side to buying a fairly new model is the lack of accessories available in the beginning.

Squid

1 - 2 of 2 Posts