V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Banned
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm not "urban." If you look beyond the bike in the garage here, you'll see pastures, and the barn. I put the truck into 4WD to get up the gravel driveway. (Seriously hairy on the bike!)

I have Cruise Control, stereo, backrest, and assless chaps, ohhhhhh yeah, and a 5 yr. extended warranty. I own an H-D black/orange rainsuit, but it's not for riding in the rain; it's for in case I accidentally get CAUGHT in the rain.

I own two face-shields for the H-D helmet: clear and tinted. I bought an H-D electric tire pump (w/ LED) that plugs into the pig-tail power lead under the seat.

The three pair of boots I own were purchased at M&N Work Clothes. They're NOT "Harley-Davidson." Yeah, but I own THREE PAIR.

C'mon . . . unless you sleep in the same jeans you ride in, you probably have some RUB accessories.

Let's fess up here!

:busted:

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Well been called a RUB a few times by a few pretend riders.
I am not rich but have save and spent wisely.
I have a lot of Hd Stuff why not I earned it.
Almost living in Wisconsin I still ride 20-60K a year I ride more in a year than so called bikes ride in a life time. Only time you see my bikes at a bar is at a poker run on a weekend or a dinner ride with my wife.
I buy what the heck I want and can afford, I ride what the heck I want and can afford. I do what the heck I want as long as I am willing to pay the price weather it is a night in jail or some of my hard earned cash.
So who is the the fake and who is the real biker .
I do not give a dam put the joint and beer down and lets do some real riding there is a sun set behind us and a sun rise in front lets go chase one.
My orange HD rain suit is great at 125 it has severed me well in both cold and rain and not fallen apart after a few uses like others I have owned.

·
Banned
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last August I did 3,000 miles in ten days. No motels. My first serious riding. I'm just getting warmed up.

·
Premium Member
2,208 Posts
Troll

Well here we go again .... :dh: if it isnt POSER vs BIKER its RUB vs RIDER ... give up the troll tactics ... who cares cause when the day comes to cash in earth at least you'll have done it "YOUR WAY"

Dare

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
What's a RUB again?

This message was sent from my handlebar mounted blackberry while I spent a nice sunny day rubbing chrome in my driveway. I even dried my bike wirh one of those motorcycle hairdryers. It's now parked at a perfect angle in my driveway so my neighbors can see it. I might even take it out for a ride to try to break 3000 miles on my 07. But, then I'd have to polish it again so maybe I'll just keep it parked :)

·
Registered
977 Posts
What's a RUB again?

This message was sent from my handlebar mounted blackberry while I spent a nice sunny day rubbing chrome in my driveway. I even dried my bike wirh one of those motorcycle hairdryers. It's now parked at a perfect angle in my driveway so my neighbors can see it. I might even take it out for a ride to try to break 3000 miles on my 07. But, then I'd have to polish it again so maybe I'll just keep it parked :)
Very good !!!

Cleaning coffee off my keyboard right now, I got a good chuckle out of that !!!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Lemmee see.....

I'm a self admitted gadget freak.

I've been riding Harleys for 41 years.

I like my wife (of 30 years) to RUB on me.

So what does all this make me?

Probably nothing more than a horny old guy who rides a Harley ! :hystria:

And the funniest thing is..... I'll bet I'm not the only one who fits this description ! :whistle:

·
Banned
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well here we go again .... :dh: if it isnt POSER vs BIKER its RUB vs RIDER ... give up the troll tactics ... who cares cause when the day comes to cash in earth at least you'll have done it "YOUR WAY"

Dare
How about I'm engaged in some personal assessment? I've been riding about 40 yrs, have always wanted a Harley -- sort of figured anything else was a compromise until I could get a Harley.

I like the equipment, the features. I don't have "issues" w/ touring in comfort, and I wear full leathers for all sorts of reasons -- probably one being that I can afford them.

No tattoos, no piercings, I don't drink, don't hang out in bars. I don't smoke either, get regular exercise. Lots of other stereotypes I don't fit into . . .

You should try Cow Clicker on FaceBook:

apps.facebook.com/cowclicker

:harhar:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well I been riding bike on the road legally since i was 17. Could not afford a Harley until I was 36. Damn wife wont let me ride without her..LOL

Love the Harley and Love the people I meet while I ride. Some of the nicest people I have met I met while on a ride of some sort.

Great all around!

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Last August I did 3,000 miles in ten days. No motels. My first serious riding. I'm just getting warmed up.
Last Summer the wife and I rode out to Sturgis, then on to Bear Tooth and Yellowstone. We rode 5600 miles in 12 Days. She was on her Heritage and me on the Road Glide. We stayed in the Comfort INN each night. I like a nice bed, a shower and a comfortable place for my nightly piece of azz. LOL

pay them no mind, 2010 flhx, you'll always be 'BILLY BAD ASS' to me........
@gree:

As for the RUB
Rich = no, but very comfortable
Urban = no, 20 miles to town
Biker = ?? I do not look like one, but I ride quite a bit.

I average 16K miles a year and work off shore 6 months a year.

I have the RUB accessories, IPOD hard wired into the bike, Road Tech 660 GPS on the bike. Riders back rest. Heated gear. Leather jacket when I need it. HD orange and gray rain suit, for riding in the rain.

Yesterday four of us took a nice 375 mile saturday ride, no interstate all mostly nice mountain twisty roads.

Call me what ever you want.

·
Banned
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You can Google it. It's listed in the Urban Dictionary --

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rub (rich urban biker)

1. RUB

An acronym for Rich Urban Biker. A title given to middle aged, upper class, white males that make more money than they know what to do with so they decided to pretend to be bad ass and get a Harley. Unlike real Harley men they get all the trimmings on their bike which usually includes Heated handle bars, luggage racks, stereos, raised back support, cruise control and completely useless items like suicide shifts. Basically they just end up buying a 2 wheeled sedan, but they have no idea how to maintain it.

You’ll never see them exceed the speed limit; actually, you’re lucky to see them ever DO the speed limit.

Any damage that may occur to their Harley will instantly run them at least $2000, merely because of all the bloated accessories they’ve placed on the bike, because of this, they will only take their bikes out on the sunniest of weekend rides and only for short distances. Even if they’re going to some sort of Harley riders get together, they would rather tow their bike in the back of their truck, stay at a nearby Hilton and will only ride their bike a couple of miles from the Hilton to the “meet” the day of the convention.

RUB’s are the only motorcyclist who DO NOT give a waive or a nod to other riders on the road when passing, apparently they are to smug to do so or afraid of crashing by doing something complicated like nodding.
only a RUB would have heated handlebars on a bike.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by justbill301 View Post
pay them no mind, 2010 flhx, you'll always be 'BILLY BAD ASS' to me........
Bless your bad ass heart! Some in here have suggested that RUB means "Really Ugly Biker" :redrolf:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
2010FLHX

Gave my self my 2012 SG for my Bday, wrote a check walked out, got all my accessories the next day, wrote a check for that too, I'm sure many other members have done the same, why? because we can, not rich, I just have the bucks to do it, if that make us a RUB, ok so what.
Does that RUB ( Websters dict ) you the wrong way....I think it does.:harhar:

Oh I forgot been riding since I was 8yrs I'm 56, owned many bikes, many brands, that makes me a motorcycle enthusiast/biker whatever.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Seems like every forum I get on, there is always someone complaining about others because they have different equipment, more money or something of that nature. Who really cares and what is the point. If you ride your Harley 1,000 miles a year on sunny 80degree days or if you ride it 50,000 miles in the cold and rain, who cares?, If you have the Touring machine laden with every gadget possible, or if you have the stripped down bike, who cares? If you have the $5,000 paint job or the rattle can flat black paint job, who cares? If you like to polish the bike and stare at it in the sun or go out an ride the hell out of it. who cares. If you put a big wheel on the front or leave it bone stock, who cares? Seems like there is enough room out there for all of us, no matter what we do with our bikes. In everyone of the situations I mentioned, each of the owners was enjoying their bike, and isn't that what it is all about?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Seems like every forum I get on, there is always someone complaining about others

Is the nature of the beast, the age of the internet has allowed some to grow the pair they never had, for some is easy make fun or judge others from the safety of their computers hundreds of miles away, what they don't realize that the only thing they are doing is showing how insecure they are with the topics they post, but 99% of the posts on this forum are very informative and entertaining, I guess this gives 1% a whole new meaning.:whistle:

·
Registered
977 Posts
Seems like every forum I get on, there is always someone complaining about others because they have different equipment, more money or something of that nature. Who really cares and what is the point. If you ride your Harley 1,000 miles a year on sunny 80degree days or if you ride it 50,000 miles in the cold and rain, who cares?, If you have the Touring machine laden with every gadget possible, or if you have the stripped down bike, who cares? If you have the $5,000 paint job or the rattle can flat black paint job, who cares? If you like to polish the bike and stare at it in the sun or go out an ride the hell out of it. who cares. If you put a big wheel on the front or leave it bone stock, who cares? Seems like there is enough room out there for all of us, no matter what we do with our bikes. In everyone of the situations I mentioned, each of the owners was enjoying their bike, and isn't that what it is all about?
Best post I've read on this topic in a long time !!!

Well said !!

@gree:

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'd like to add a new acronym to this thread......LAD. (liberated after divorce). That's how I was able to spend my money on this outrageously expensive piece of American hardware and not be screamed at by the ex missus for wasting money. (my money that is) :beer:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts