V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
02BNAVW
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason I felt like I needed to fire off this thread ...
My 76 year old father had a stroke on the 19th. of November.
My 40 year old wife had a stroke on Thanksgiving > the 24th of November.
I have daughters age 9 and 12.
My Bride passed away at 3:30 Christmas Morning, then Dad at 5:30 the next morning. Tough enough on everybody else, but my kids lost their Mama one day and their Grandaddy the next.
I've already sold my '03 FLHTPI Electra Glide Police. Not so much for financial reasons, but as the sole provider & caregiver to a 4th. and a 7th. grader ... it's just one element of risk that could be pretty easily eliminated.
I'll be out of the saddle for a while, but I do intend to check with you VTF folks from time to time.
PEACE!

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Rubrto,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. God does have a plan and all is in perfect harmony... although at times it is hard to see. Trust it.

We are sending our prayers to you, your kids, and your family.

Mike.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Condolences Man! Glad you're there for your kids. That's a really tough hand you've been dealt. No doubt, brighter days are in your future. good luck and know that you are in our thoughts.

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
Hey Ruberto, sorry to hear of such a turn of events. Have faith in God. You will be able to move forward from the strength your daughters give you. I know. Do what you must brother man

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Thoughts and prayers from CenTex, Rubrto. I'm truly sorry to hear of your double loss.

T113

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
May God grant you and yours peace comfort and serenity in your dire time of need. Just when you think you've got it bad, a glimpse such as this into someone elses world can be a revelation of sorts. God bless and know you're all in a lot of thoughts and prayers. Believe me, it does help! Comparitively, my life over the past year was a picnic. Thank you for giving me a bit more perspective.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Rubrto:
Prayers and sympathy from northern Illinois to you and your loved ones.
Talk to Him, lean on His shoulder, and trust in Him.
Sincerely, Steve

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
May His peace be with you and your family!

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Rubrto,

Condolances from the North Country my friend. Be strong for those children, and allow Gods graces to help you through! My prayers to your family. If there is anything we might do from this distance to help please let us know.
Rick

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
God Bless you and your children . Life is very hard to understand for sure.
Dont loose your faith, we will be praying for you.

Trust in the Lord with all of your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, I hope you've got a good support network around you to help you during this time.

I hope you find solace through God/meditation/prayer and I also hope you seek professional counselling should you need it.

Keep us posted how you're doing, you'll be in everybody's thoughts and prayers here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
May God be with you and your family at this time

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Sorry to hear about you and your family's tragic losses. Your children need you being strong. God bless you, know you are in our prayers.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts