V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, since I'm not sure I'm going to Sturgis I definately won't have any reservations or plans if I do. So, let me ask this;

It would seem like there would be alot of people pouring in and out of Sturgis at the beginning and end of the official Rally dates. I am fairly confident that I could find a place to camp once I got there. But how about a place just before I get there? Could I find a room or tent camping spot on the way, or am I going to find that the influx of people all heading in the same direction have taken all the available spots/rooms? It's important to know because my trip would have to be split into two traveling days and if that's the case I may have to make the second day ride much farther than an even split. Any thoughts or knowledge?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Typically rooms have been almost impossible to find, pretty much all the way from Denver to Sturgis, but last year the attendance really went down big time, so it might not be as hard anymore.

One thing that works if the company you work for has a corporate travel agent is calling them a couple of hours before you stop for the night and have them find you a room for the night wherever. Even so you often have to go out of your way a little.
They might **** when you show up on a bike, but so what?

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
I'm coming from a different direction than you but my experience has been motels are impossible to find unless you stop real early in the day or call ahead - even then, good luck! A campsite is gonna be easier but to be on the safe side we have always made reservations if possible, called ahead or stopped early like by supper time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts