V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on attending this years "Rolling Thunder" with other retirees from E Conn/RI this coming May. Was wondering how many others plan on attending, heard it is pretty emotional.

Would like to hear stories from previous attendees.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just want to say "THANK YOU" to all of you veterans out there. I belong to Rolling Thunder chapter 6 in Pa., I am very proud to live and breathe in the U.S.A. and without your help none of us would.

lazy-t:)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hope your Rolling Thunder group looks a little more cleaner cut then the guys I ride with...... Sorry to say as a Vietnam Vet myself that there are many vets out there that need to clean up their act when it comes to some grooming standard... Far too many vets fit in with the wine "O" looking group which seems to be getting a bad rap from the now generation.. I see nothing wrong with sporting a beard, long hair, leather vest etc... but when the beards are not groomed and the clothes haven't been washed in weeks.... I have to just back away from the group and let the now generation point and laugh at the scrufty lookin "still at war" types... Oh will, guess it will be a long while before thoes still wearing chips on their shoulders will clean up..

·
Registered
684 Posts
Doug said:
Hope your Rolling Thunder group looks a little more cleaner cut then the guys I ride with...... Sorry to say as a Vietnam Vet myself that there are many vets out there that need to clean up their act when it comes to some grooming standard... Far too many vets fit in with the wine "O" looking group which seems to be getting a bad rap from the now generation.. I see nothing wrong with sporting a beard, long hair, leather vest etc... but when the beards are not groomed and the clothes haven't been washed in weeks.... I have to just back away from the group and let the now generation point and laugh at the scrufty lookin "still at war" types... Oh will, guess it will be a long while before thoes still wearing chips on their shoulders will clean up..
Where the **** are you coming from?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Straydog.... Hmmm name kinda fits.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Seems some just don't have any class..I see this alot, who would these guys work for looking like they don't care if they change clothes or not. Then cry that they can fine work.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Doug said:
Straydog.... Hmmm name kinda fits.
Hmmm .... you seem to have a handle on judging people without ever knowing them. Normally, I wouldn't haven't bothered responding to a thread like yours, but since you've opened your mouth and have shown what an as_hole you are, I just couldn't resist.

Let me give you some advice (and I will whether you want it or not), don't criticize someone because of the way the look. It could be one of those "wine "O" looking" dudes that saves your ass some day.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
I went to Rolling Thunder in 92 and 93 and I hope to get back this year. It is awesome! The first year my wife was on crutches, we strapped them on the back of the bike and had a blast! I can't count the number of people who stopped and took her picture and said way to go for riding with a cast.
That was our first time to the wall, I was deeply moved and still am to this day. If you have never been, go. If you have a relative or buddy on the wall you have my hearfelt thanks and deepest sympathy.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Straydog said:

Hmmm .... you seem to have a handle on judging people without ever knowing them. Normally, I wouldn't haven't bothered responding to a thread like yours, but since you've opened your mouth and have shown what an as_hole you are, I just couldn't resist.

Let me give you some advice (and I will whether you want it or not), don't criticize someone because of the way the look. It could be one of those "wine "O" looking" dudes that saves your ass some day.
Such language and that type attitude is not hurting me.... and I never said "anything" on judging people... it's just how they appear... It's like self grooming standards have gotten out of control. If your feathers are ruffled by "my opnion" and "my freedom of speach" on the appearance of many of our vets then I must have cut close to a nerve! Talk your trash and call me names if you like..... it doesn't lower my standards nor does it express a controlled argument (discussion).. Open your thoughts and say what you really want to say... Keep it clean if you can...

·
Registered
684 Posts
Doug said:
. . . If your feathers are ruffled by "my opnion" and "my freedom of speach" on the appearance of many of our vets then I must have cut close to a nerve! Talk your trash and call me names if you like..... it doesn't lower my standards nor does it express a controlled argument (discussion).. Open your thoughts and say what you really want to say... Keep it clean if you can...
Doug, you are right. Your comments regarding vets, Vietnam vets in particular, did cut close to a nerve.

My apologies to CTHarley for turning what was a very good post into a disagreement.

CTHarley, I haven't been to the Wall and don't have any plans on going. That could change, who knows. I did see the Moving Wall during the first year of its existence. Even that was emotional. If you haven't already done so, .
check out this website.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts