V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 639 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought that all the veterans could post their stint and what branch, or whatever else they wanted.

U.S.M.C. from Aug, 1972 until Sep, 1976. Was a FO with a mortar platoon in country for Eagle Pull. Some of the stops along the way were Lejuenne, K-bay, 29 Palms. After getting out I put 22 years in with DOD until I retired in 1998.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Good idea ronf.

USN 1971 - 1975 USS Beaufort (Salvage & Rescue)
Original commissioning crew member.
Home port: Pearl Harbor

Sightseeing:
Norfolk, Va., Panama, Cal, Nearly all the Hi. Islands, Midway Island, Guam, Philippines, Japan, Vietnam, Cambodia, Okinawa, Alaska, Aleutian Islands.

Leaving in 46 days for DaNang. Humanitarian Aid Mission. Will be there for 2 weeks.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Gentlemen,

A heartfelt thanks for your service to the country.

The next round is on me.

wyodude - Boy Scouts of America '71-'75

·
Registered
875 Posts
USN, E9, 1976 TO PRESENT. To many duty stations to list

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
1989-present, US Army, Captain, Military Police. Been on both sides of the fence, enlisted and now commissioned.

Ft. Leonardwood, Ft. Lee, Ft. Dix, Ft. Kobbe (Panama for Operation Just Cause), Ft. McClellan, Ft. Riley

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
SSgt, E-5, USAF 1989 - Present.

Hurlburt Field, FL 1989 - 1993, AC-130 Gunships, MC-130 Talons, MH-53 Pavelows
Ramstein AB, Deutschland, 1993 - 1997, F-16's, C-130, C-9. (F-16's moved to Italy shortly after I got there)
Edwards AFB, CA 1997 - Present, Almost every aircraft in the inventory, and 2 squads of USMC.

Operation Fiery Vigil, June - August 1991, Kadena AB, Okinawa
Operation Southern Watch Dec 2000 - Feb 2001, Prince Sultan AB, Royal Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

·
Registered
102 Posts
USN - USS Ranger CV-61 1984-1990

Singapore, Thailand, Diego Garcia (GB), Phillipines, Japan, Hong Kong, China, Korea, Australia, Vancouver (Canada), Hawaii, North Island and sailed toward Mumbasa, Kenya a few times but always had to turn around.

Two West-Pacs during the Iran-Iraq war, just missed Desert Storm.

My favorite patch has a camel on it (like the one on the smokes) with cross-hairs right in the middle. It says, "I sailed 8,000 miles to smoke a camel".

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
U.S. Army 1970 - 1972, E5, Ft. Jackson, Redstone Arsenal, Ft. Polk, Ft. Dix, Pleiku, Saigon, and Woo Hoo back to the World. Remember our brothers we left behind. God Bless all former and current Vets.

·
Registered
113 Posts
United States Navy

1964-1967 Miramar Calif. Home of the Pacific Fleet Fighters

VF-161 (F-4) Aviation Ordinance

1966 West-Pac on U.S.S. Constellation CV-64

Want to thank all the service men & women for their service today.

Good luck , & god speed to come safe & soon.

G.G.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
USAF 1971-1980 Medic Lackland AFB, Okinawa, Georgia, Germany(Hahn AB)
USAF 1987-1996 Nurse Keesler AFB, Kirtland AFB(NM), Lakenheath(England)
Retired 1996

·
Registered
629 Posts
I am in the company of a Master Chief huh?

Machinery Technician Second Class (working on my first), U.S. Coast Guard 1998-Present

Still new to the game so:
Joined from Moreno Valley, CA
Cape May, NJ
Yorktown, VA
Homer, AK
Here

Hope to get back to Alaska next.

·
Registered
236 Posts
U.S Air Force (1971 - 1991)
Army tried to draft me, but I was quicker!
Stationed in England, Turkey, Japan, and Germany.

Visited / deployed to many others.

Never felt that I was in a life-threatening position; unless you figure in the national highways!

Always felt military members where thought of as "second-class" citizens by the non-military. Surely that was started during the Vietnam War. However, it would appear that has currently changed and I hope it stays that way!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Big Al said:
Always felt military members where thought of as "second-class" citizens by the non-military. Surely that was started during the Vietnam War. However, it would appear that has currently changed and I hope it stays that way!
Some times things change for the better, in my 26 years the pro attitude has gone hand in hand with conflicts, its a shame, the citizens should treat the troops with respect all the time

·
Registered
69 Posts
SUBS

did a four year stint with the navy-----68-72 , bored holes in the north atlantic on a nuc fast attack----Uss Flying Fish (SSN 673)-------- rode her down the ways at electric boat in groton conn.------i was an auxillaryman MM2 (SS)-------operated atmoshere equipment-----spent more than a year submerged--------did two big creeps------she was a beautiful machine-----it was an experience of a lifetime------made a lot of good friends-----was proud to serve------

Hutch

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
diverduck1 said:
Hey MustangNM
What floor or department did you work while at Keesler... I was an Orthotic Tech (91950) there from 1987 til 1990..
Worked on Cardiac Medicine floor, 2D I think it was. Orthotic tech? Damn, I wanted to crosstrain into that when I was a medic but it seemed liked it was always overmanned or when there was an opening, my career field was short.
I was at Keesler from Sept 87 to Dec 91.

1 - 20 of 639 Posts