V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a thread to meet and greet the Aussie contingent of VTF.

My Name is Ange,34yrs of age, live in Adelaide, son of Italian immigrants ride a '94 FXDWG, been riding 14 years, love beer etc,etc.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well I'm Georgina - preference to be called George and a proud Aussie. I've been seeing a few aussie members on here - and am wondering how many more are lurking behind the scenes.

I don't own a bike (yet...) but am looking fwd to the day that I can ride solo. It's both thrilling and scary and like a lot of other women I love being on the back but would like my own bike. I'm thinking eventually I'd like a Sportster hugger with a few customised parts and a wicked paint job...

anyways - hoping to see some cool posts on here and to share riding adventures.

I think the best ride I've been so far is on Gorge Road here in Adelaide, it has some of the best views and is cool on hot days to go riding with the one you love. That and the fact there's a cool pub to stop and have a drink makes the ride quite nice.

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
Aussie Aussie Aussie OI OI OI

Come on Aussies come on!

Crikey, where are all the fair dinkum Aussies? I thought this would be a great thread; I am slow to respond because, well, because.......

As per my signature line, I am originally a Canadian, born Winnipeg, grew up in Alberta, started on oil drilling rigs at a young age, went on a working holiday in 1971, became an Aussie in 1976 - still working & holidaying when I can. Lived 5 years in Scotland in the 80's, last 3 years here in Saudi Arabia, worked in many other countries. Got back into riding in May 2004 because A) lots of friends here ride, B) I could afford a Harley C) It seemed like a sane thing to do over here :dry:

I have a house in Brisbane and plan to attend the 2006 HOG Rally in Queensland with a HOG rental motorcycle.

This maybe be new and of some interest to all and Aussie humor in particular, it has been out for awhile, so could be old for you (I'm sure Pete Logan would enjoy)

http://www.cane-toad.com/

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:banana: Thanks Snowy.....About Fukkin' time.lol

C'mom Aussie.C'mon.C'mon.

Anyone else waiting for the footy to start-AFL

Carn the CROWS.

·
FOAD
401 Posts
Well I only lurk on here and basically read the archives.

Originally from NSW I have lived in Adelaide now for 30+ years and I am the Treasurer of the Adelaide HOG club.

I currently ride a 2000 Heritage and love riding through the Adealide Hills.

Scotty

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
G'Day Scotti!:cheers:
:welcome: To VTF. Hope To read more of your posts and news from the Adelaide chapter.
This is a great forum, heaps of good people, good laughs, and plenty of cluey members.
It would be cool to make this thread a little hangout for us Aussie members and just catch up, talk about bikes, rides, footy, the cricket whatever.
Of course like all good Aussies we welcome everybody to stop by.

Beers are cost price and BYO chairs.:beer4u:

·
natural-born world-shaker
2,978 Posts
Welcome to the forum Scotty.

In no way does your post confirm my suspicion that Aussies are voyeurs at heart.

:sofa:

·
Goin' Fast with Class
372 Posts
Shouting out from the Land Under Down Under - Tasmania

Howdy!!!

I am a Yank living in Hobart, Tasmania. Been here about 6 Years now.

Originally from "Peoria Illinois", I am now Permanent Resident of Tasmania, Australia in Hobart area. Likely will go for full citizenship but who knows.

Yankee by Birth, TASWEGIAN by choice!!!

Been riding since I was 13, am 41 now. Riding a Softail Deluxe as often as possible.

Sorry but could not post right away for some odd reason. BUT I AM HERE.

Enjoy this forum and if not riding I am reading. Drives the OL nuts, but whatever, eh??

Tasmania has great motorcycling. State HOG Rally is Feb 3-5 at Tullah up the West Coast. Some of the most beautiful scenery in the world is here, baby, I am telling you.

I want to start posting some pics of my rides around Tassie to share. Stay tuned.

Cheers-
Joe AKA Seamonkeyman

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm John and I'm in Perth. My dad was an American submarine officer based in Fremantle in WW2 and my mother was a Perth girl, so I guess I'm a war baby. I was born in the states, but I've been here since 1974 and I'm an Australian citizen. Been riding my whole life, Harleys for about 8 years now. Current ride a 2004 injected Fatboy. Seeing as I'm in the most isolated city in the world, this forum is gold.

·
natural-born world-shaker
2,978 Posts
Yo johnny red - was in your area a couple years back - lady friend used to live in Armadale. Enjoyed Perth a lot - tasty wines, good food, and met some really pleasant people. It is isolated but that can be a good thing. - dog

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Ozzie in IRAQ Here..........................all the best, Ozzie and I am going to meet up with Scotty`s best friend ha!

·
FOAD
401 Posts
Ozzie In Arabia said:
Ozzie in IRAQ Here..........................all the best, Ozzie and I am going to meet up with Scotty`s best friend ha!

Now Ozzie you know I love Chuck very much:wacko:

Why I would even buy him a beer and get pissed with him if he ever came to Australia.

But we did get off on the wrong foot. Why even all my posts have been deleted and I am back to 2 with this one.

Ahh well at least I can still use my Race Tuner on multiple bikes....:banana:

Cheers

Scotty

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Scotty_No1 said:
Now Ozzie you know I love Chuck very much:wacko:

Why I would even buy him a beer and get pissed with him if he ever came to Australia.

But we did get off on the wrong foot. Why even all my posts have been deleted and I am back to 2 with this one.

Ahh well at least I can still use my Race Tuner on multiple bikes....:banana:

Cheers

Scotty
Ha ha ha! Scotty, you will have to teach me about this mod..........I own a SERT too now but am not hooking it up until I complete my build.

All the best, Ozzie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts