V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it was only sprinkling today, in oregon sprinkling is like rain to most of you. Anyhow, got my new build back from the dyno break-in and tune last week and it has been pouring down rain ever since. I kept watching the radar and knew this would be my last chance to ride for the foreseeable future.
The build is BigBoyz heads, tw37b's cams (9.7:1), V&H ProPipe, Gerolamy bored MM throttle body and PCIIIr.
All I can say is WOW, I can't wait to get this thing on some dry pavement. I was afraid to really twist it up cause I didn't wanna break it loose and loose it. But, I can tell you, it really gets there QUICK! It goes from 60 to 90 so fast in 5th I can't believe it and I wasn't cranking WOT, not even close with the wet road. When it was stage 1, to get from 60-90 quick, you'd have to downshift and even then it took alot longer. Forget getting there fast in 5th with stage 1. Ran it 60 to 90 in 4th also, scarry quick (I have 3.37 gearing). This thing is gonna be hella fun to ride!!

I am a happy camper. Now I can at least sleep waiting for a semi dry day. haven't been able to sleep very well since I got it back last week, like a little kid with a new toy he couldn't play with.....

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
SEDELUXE05 said:
i knew you would find a break in those rain clouds to twist the wick a little. i also know you were just dying to get on it and play probley looking for some unsuspecting other hd rider to challenge ya now werent you:clap: :wootdnc: :cheers:
Yeah, it rained so hard all day yesterday, it was rediculous, supposed to rain an inch plus a day for the next week or so at least and it's supposed to get cold. Even though it was really wet, it wasn't raining hard and I knew it'd be my only chance for a week or more. Where I live there really aren't those opportunities. Did call my main riding buddy and reassured him I'd be getting a new much brighter tail light so he could keep me in sight though He has always been just a tick quicker than I on his dyna vs my road glide. He can't even get close now, trust me!
?prty:

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pa-glazier said:
Glad to hear that your build turned out well!:woohoo: How soon till your weather clears up?
We usually get a good week in february sometime. I am patient, I'll get out for for a few little short jaunts till then but hey, it's only a few weeks away!!

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Congratulations on finally getting that ride in. I'm looking forward to hearing more about it. I'm considering a similar build for my Heritage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts