V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well finally she's tangible. I got some early pics of her. I'll take more and post as they begin to change pipes and wheels and all that good stuff. Well...here goes.

Vivid Black 2006 FLHTCUI
Soon to have:
1. Stage I Big Bore (foundation for much later engine work)
2. Wide White Walls
3. Sert
4. 2:1 Thunderheader Pipe with False Left side.

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MegaGlide said:
Looks like it cut itself shaving...:roflback:
Now change your signature and profile!

P.S. What did you decide to do about the wheels?
Will be updating the profile and signature shortly.:chopper: Decided to go with the traditional spoke wheels being that the profile laced have been rendered not orderable until Harley figures out what the defects are.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Beautiful bike!

Perfect color now that HD went from light-colored fiberglass for the bags, etc. to the black material - it should not show rock dings..... Ride the heck out of it!

Enjoy the new ride.

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Hey congrats on the new scooter. Check out that thread on the moco injectors service order and look at those injectors before you take delivery just to be sure it has the updated ones. Enjoy the new scooter.

·
?????
3,531 Posts
Sweet... This summer I'll have to keep an eye out for the guy in Erie riding the Black Ultra with a large sloppy grin on his face.

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OldMsocko said:
Very nice looking ride. Where did you purchase the bike?? Possibly I will see you in Erie some day.
Jamestown, NY. Got the first bike from Erie. The 2nd from Jamestown. I have my reservations about Erie service. Didn't always make me feel at home if you know what I mean. But Jamestown for some strange reason just feels right.

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to all for the congratulations. Keep checking back I'll try to keep posting the pics. And I thought the grin was large when I got the sporty. I'm border line like an eclispe now. :roflback:

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MegaGlide said:
Looks like it cut itself shaving...:roflback:
Now change your signature and profile!

P.S. What did you decide to do about the wheels?
I got the Profile Lace. I got the Profile Lace!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

I ordered the profile lace but Harley discontinued so the dealer couldn't get them with my purchase. So I decided to get the regular wagon looking wheel which is what you see in the above pics. However deep in side I didn't want that wheel. So I decided to go back to the mag wheel and later on I'd get it chromed.

Lo and behold the dealer calls and says he has a fix. A new '05 Road King pops up on his floor with nothing other than the profile laced wheels. I said, "Swap'em!". He goes sure thing but it will cost you an extra $500 for labor and that wheel is more exspensive. *my mouth now on the ground* I go, "Doesn't matter, do it anyway". He says, "We happen to be running a $500 parts deal on new bikes." So even though I ordered technically in 2005 he's still giving me the deal. Plus I get 15% off the parts after that. So bottom line......
Free fuggin wheel upgrade!!!! ?prty:
So my smile just got wider! More to come.

·
?????
3,531 Posts
Sounds like you might want to play the lottery, things seem to be coming up roses for you. Its good to see things go someones way.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Rock_Steady said:
I got the Profile Lace. I got the Profile Lace!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

I ordered the profile lace but Harley discontinued so the dealer couldn't get them with my purchase. [COLOR]

Why did Harley discontinue the Profile Laced wheel? I have them on my '05 Ultra Classic.

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Geoff said:
Why did Harley discontinue the Profile Laced wheel? I have them on my '05 Ultra Classic.
Darn good question. Of which my dealer in Jamestown does not have an answer. He says they didn't have a defect wrong with them. So I assumed it was just one of those limited time only items. AND I WAS RUNNING OUTTA TIME!

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Looking good Stan!!! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 130 Posts