V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with the various Roadside assistance programs? Only experience I've had was with Hondas program a couple of years ago, which was good. Nice to have the 24/7 backup when you're a thousand miles from home!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Call your local AAA and see if they cover motorcycles. Ca will, for an add'l charge, and I believe that Tx AAA is a subsidiary of Ca. AAA.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Let me tell you about Road America.
Bike died Sunday night at a gas station.
Called Road and they sent a tow within an hour after I called.
Truck couldn't do the job due to not the correct equipment.
They called Road and said I needed a flatbed.
Now another 2 hours went by and they said that no one would pick me up. I was on a major road in Frederick Maryland and they tried 25 towing companies within Frederick.
Road said that they were trying other companies outside of Frederick.
Now I'm pi$$ed. Told them to forget it and left the bike and went home. HD picked it up the next morning (and of course it started after it was unloaded :rolleyes: ).

Brian

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ultra39 said:
Does anyone have experience with the various Roadside assistance programs? Only experience I've had was with Hondas program a couple of years ago, which was good. Nice to have the 24/7 backup when you're a thousand miles from home!
I agree with gbenner... I belong to AAA, and for a few extra $$$$ you can get AAA Plus RV... it is dedicated to utilizing the correct Recovery equipment to get your vehicle out of harms way, as well as take it to a spot where it can be repaired (100 Miles free towing).....

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I also have the H.O.G. program (Road America) and have been pleased with the service I have received. This summer, almost 1000 miles from home my trusty scooter left me stranded at a rest stop. Within an hour a rollback was there to rescue me. I could not have asked for a better experience (if I had to be broke down). The operator was knowledgable and friendly to boot.
I used to have the Easyrider program, and was never satisfied with the service from them.
BTW, I have AAA Plus and in Kentucky AAA does not offer a motorcycle program . Bummer.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
I have AAA plus in Mass and they do not do motorcycles either.........I have the HOG program also, never needed it. Thats the whole idea, to have it and not need it. I am pretty self sufficient and can handle most roadside repairs, I figured the HOG one was cheap enough if I ever need it, I go on long trips and it is just a little piece of mind..........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts