V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Roadking Sundowner any lower ?

I am curious if the sundowner tour bucket puts you any more in the bike in a Road king. i have a 2000 Roadking with stock seat. Looking to get a little lower so feet more on ground ? do nt need to go forward just lower? anyone thanks Joe

·
Registered
494 Posts
I put a sundowner on my '99 RKC. Put me down and a little bit forward, but the position and lower back support was much improved, even for my 6'1" overweight mass. Only problem is that I now have to sit up straight to look over the shield.......might have to cut it down some time in the future. But it's an excellent trade-off for the extra comfort. 400~500 mile trips no problem now compared to the stock POS.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
4,037 Posts
Mustang here but I notice on other bikes I have driven that installing handlebars that come back to a few inches more makes it much more comfortable for long cruising. Also makes it possible to actually use the back rest.

·
43 Fuel Curves
819 Posts
ctjoe said:
I am curious if the sundowner tour bucket puts you any more in the bike in a Road king. i have a 2000 Roadking with stock seat. Looking to get a little lower so feet more on ground ? do nt need to go forward just lower? anyone thanks Joe
Yes, and as chnpostal mentioned the lower back support is a great improvement. Amazing a 2000 still has the stock seat.

·
Registered
175 Posts
My wife got the badlander on her 02 RKC, it lowered seat height about an inch and did not move her forward any. low seat, but its still comfortable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.