V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm riding a 2000 RK standard,I'm 6'1'' with 34'' sleeve.I want to replace the stock handlebars with another set of HD bars(because of cost),some one suggested the police bars.Does anyone have part# for these or any other suggestions?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Don't know the number but they are the standard Heritage bars. Check with your dealer and see if they have any take offs from a heritage. Could get them real cheep. I did.

spuds

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
56623-99
Chrome Heritage Classic stock handlebars.

Have you thought about the Road King Touring handlebars?
56557-95

For me, when I put on the Heritage Classic bars, they were way too close and the angle just wasn't right, and I would need to have bought longer mirror stems in order to see anything other than my elbows and forearms.

I'm sure some people haven't had any problem, plus the Classic bars are standard on police bikes, so you know they must be comfortable. I'm just throwing out an opinion that they didn't fit for me...I'm 6'2" with a 36" sleeve.

Fact of the matter is, I have two sets of handlebars in my garage. Thankfully Harley sells them at a reasonable cost. I ordered mine online from a dealership 150 miles away (through the HD website). Charged me $44.96 for the bars, and $7.62 for shipping. Best part was that they arrived in two days. My local dealer told me it would take at least a week.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts