V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been flipping through the HD catalog for chrome for my 06 RG...Is it me or is there a limited selection for the RG's??? I would like to add some chrome to the saddlebags and to the front fender...

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
One problem w/ being the MoCo's "best kept secret" is that it isn't as profitable for them to make model specific doo-dads for it, from a sheer numbers perspective. Recovering tooling costs, etc., takes volume or prohibitively high prices.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Mine is a 00 model and I can find pretty much anything that the other tourers have except for what is blocked by the fairing. What are you looking for that you cannot find that the other tourers have available?

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
I also put a fatboy front finder on mine with no problem. Also attached the little side strips with trim tape. looks awsome. The rear finder skirt fies as well. The saddlebag stuff should be the same.

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
I don't know man I had no problem finding over $13,000 of chrome and go fast things to add onto my RG. What in particular are you looking for and maybe we can give you a point to it.

·
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gkellys said:
Mine is a 00 model and I can find pretty much anything that the other tourers have except for what is blocked by the fairing. What are you looking for that you cannot find that the other tourers have available?
I am looking for the chrome on the front fender...With possibly the front (yellow?) light...Then I also want chrome wraps around for the saddle bags...They have the dual chrome bars that go around the lower portion of the saddle bags.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
The lighted fender tip will take some wireing work since the RG is not wired for that. I know the Fatboy tips fit. Just hold them in place and make sure before you drill. Anything that fits the RK or EG bags should fit on your RG as far as I know. Buy it, try it and take it back if it does not. Sometimes you have to use a bit of imagination and fabing to make it yours. Good luck!

·
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info...It sucks being a newbie having to ask all these stupid questions....Again thanks for the info and I will start looking for some chrome to add on!!!!

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
Road Glider said:
I don't know man I had no problem finding over $13,000 of chrome and go fast things to add onto my RG.
All hail the "Road Glider"...:bowdwn:

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
I ain't stupid. Its an adventure that we all are making. You must be pretty smart. After all you chose the Road Glide. Welcome to the dark side!

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
gkellys said:
You must be pretty smart. After all you chose the Road Glide.
Joeschmoe you haven chosen your ride wisely. It will serve you well. Now post some pics of that steed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts