V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard pros and cons about the Road glide and wind and rain. does the fairing on this bike keep the wind and rain off you as well as the fork mounted fairing"s? Is it as good a 2 up bike (with the tourpak backrest and bigger passenger seat added) as the electra's. is the radio as clear as the electra's? I know drivability is supposed to be alot better . any input appreciated.

·
Registered
276 Posts
frame mounted fairing works better in the wind, I got a taller windshield that helps with the rain, don't have tourpac yet but the girl loves the back.....

·
Banned
999 Posts
I never rode one but the RG fairing is just a new version of the old Tour Glide fairing. that one was wind tunnel tested and designed for aerodynamic qualities so I would guess that the road glide would be better than the batwing faired bikes.

I think the Hippo had one, surprised he didn't sound off on it.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I like mine. Might depend where you intend to ride primarily. I think the cold weather and rain protection is better on the Ultra, but the Glide is the better bike in heavy wind and at speed with truck traffic. Wind protection is a personal thing, some guys like the huge windscreens, I don't. It's not a problem to set up a Glide to where while you have some windblast you have no turbulence, to the point where you can easily smoke a cigarette at 90 mph if you feel like it.

The radio works fine for a bike. The only real bit(h I have with the Glide other then fit and finish is that the headlites are utterly inadecuate for night touring (they are OK at low speed) and very expensive to modify.

·
Registered
276 Posts
hey hippo did you go to brighter bulbs? I've got, I think, 80/100's and it's better but still not great. What are the better fixes?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
HID
$1200.00 + as you need to replace the complete housing (the coated plastic reflectors are a joke) a bit rich for my taste.
What makes it so hard to swallow is that there are bikes at less then half the price with decent headlites from manufacturers that look at things a little bit more long term.

I do have better bulbs in them but it's anyones guess how much this cheap system will carry.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have a RG SEagle. Like the farings in both the wind and rain. Went to the 15 inch windshield from Drag which is thicker than OEM. The back seat sucks so had to get my wife a Low rider seat, the one with the bike. Shes happy, I can ride alone. The raido on the RG is good but im on my 5th CD player (not worth the money) also upgraded to the high perf. speakers which made a big inprovement. Other than that I love this bike !

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Hippo, do they even sell the HID headlight setup for the roadglide ? I thought it was RM racing and cannot find them anymore. I just might go with it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts