V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that someone in this group has this seat. I'm seriously considering it as my rear feels like it is ridin on the frame after a couple of hours.
I would appreciate any comments .
Thanks a lot
Jack Hoppus in Austin

·
Registered
206 Posts
What type of Bike do you have?

I have a FLHTC-I, and I am 6-0 and 350 lbs. I was looking at the Road Zepplin seat -- heard they are very comfortable....curious to see the feedback.

Mitch

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an Ultra Classic w/95 in stage 2 and Touring pipes. Also have a little chrome here and there!Have used an AirHawk air cushion and it seems to help but maybe the Zep is better.
Jack in Austin

·
Registered
103 Posts
I guess I'm the guy that has been pushing the Zepplin Air seat. I also felt like I was sitting on the frame after a couple of hours on my stock 02 Ultra seat. I purchased the Road Zepplin and installed it and the difference is amazing. I find that I don't even have to air it up unless on really log rides. I didn't try any other seats because the Zepplin was highly recommended to me from some of my fellow riders. They are pretty expensive, but if your rear end comfort is important :) this is the way to go. JMHO
Your two up partner will be thanking you also.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Tommie, a couple of questions if I could...

How do you air up the seat? Does it hold pressure well?

Where does that controller thing go when riding?

The Zepplin is like 21" wide -- did the extra width give you more comfort too?

Thanks in advance...!

Mitch

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
The seat has an on-board compressor buried in it.
Never noticed any air "leaking".
The controller things are on the left side (3 rider, 2 passenger).
Good question, don't really know. It does make you spread your legs apart a little when you stop. I'm 6'1" so it doesn't bother me.
I agree with Tommie about not airing up except for long trips. It's just a good seat, a little expensive but we all didn't buy a HD to save $, did we.
Brian

·
FLHTCUSE
526 Posts
GET the Zepplin Air seat!!!!!!!!!! as long as the ACC, Switch is left on it won't lose air. I did not get the Leather version as we ride a lot and if the Leather seat is not covered during rain the seat will stay wet for a very long time. No matter how much you treat the leather-you will forget to treat it at some point.

It is the best NON-Chrome Acc. your money can buy. IMOP

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey folks. I'm back.....:D Like Brian has said, the Zepplin has a built in air compressor in the seat itself. It is an easy installation. Just plug the electrical connection into the extra accessory plug located under the seat.
I haven't had any leakage in my seat at all. I talked to a guy a few weeks ago that said his did leak. The dealer replaced it with no questions ask.
The adjustment buttons are also built into the left side of the seat. The rider has 3 adjustment options and the rider has 2. Push the toggle one direction and the seat airs up. Push the other direction and the seat releases the air out of that bladder only. The seat will look huge compared to the stock seat. The extra width really improves the comfort. Of course at 6' and 220# I have a wide butt to put on it. ;)
It will also add some height to your sitting position. I had to buy the taller windshield because the top of the stock windshield was right in my line of sight after installing the Zepplin. I also like to air the seat down before stopping so I can put both feet flat on the ground.
Great seat...........IMHO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the responses. I called Austin HD this afternoon to order the seat.Guess what? Backordered until Oct. I can't wait to get mine.
By the way, did you all order the $370 backrest?Jack in Austin

·
Registered
103 Posts
The backrest is one thing I have not gotten yet. I hope to get one before the ride to the rally in NM. next month. I couldn't talk the wife into buying the seat and the backrest at the same time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Can any owners take pictures of their seats and post? I like the idea but wonder how wide they are and what they look like on the bike. It is hard to tell in the Harley catalog.

·
Registered
305 Posts
brwk,

Good to see you finally cleaned the bike up again! LOL It was great riding with you guys in Sturgis. BTW - you are the one that talked me into the air seat, and Tracy says she's going to give you a big hug for that - I did a 660 mile day on the way back (my longest so far) and couldn't have done it with out the air seat.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
CR

Yeah our longest day was 730 miles and my seat was just fine.
Guess I will now have to come up to your house and collect ;) , and of course do the big bore too.

Brian

·
BFFB
833 Posts
hey road zep riders , whats the deal with covering the seat in the rain ? i just installed one tonite and it said so in the directions ,, can water hurt the guts if it gets wet ? the cover that comes with it seems a little bit of a hassel ,,i think i will just throw rain top over it unless im stopping for the nite,, also whats the deal with over inflating ,,,parts guy said DONT do it but there is nothing in the directions that say how far you can inflate ,,i hope i like it ,,,its differant than anything i have ever sat on ,,,reminds me of the first time i sat on a water bed

·
FLHTCUSE
526 Posts
You only need to cover it if you got a leather version, I got no over inflation warning, like you said how would you know unless it blew up :)

I have never used the cover I use a half cover from tour king when we stop for the night.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Vazhog: I've been looking for a half cover. Can you give me any information on yours. Thanks!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts