V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have this seat on their dresser? If so, likes or dislikes. I have put 13,000 miles on the seat the bike came with 02 FLHTCUI only thing I added was a backrest. Just doing my christmas list!! Thanks in advance for any info...

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I have the leather one. I can ride all day with no issues concerning my butt. Longest day so far was 800 miles and just my knees had a little problem straighten out after about 600 :D
Total of 10500 with this seat. It does raise you up an inch or so but does not move you forward or backward.
Brian

·
Registered
305 Posts
IMHO this is the best investment you can make for your touring bike for both driver and passenger comfort anytime you ride more than about 100 miles or so.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys, I also did a search and got some more positive feedback. Guess I'll be saving my dough for one. Sounds like a solid investment.

Thanks again...

·
Iron Butt, SS2000
3,399 Posts
Love mine too. I've tried gel pads, memory foam pads (better) and a back rest.
Nothing compares to the Road Zep.
Infinitely adjustable while you're on the fly, you sit high & proud.
I don't use my backrest any more either.
It's the perfect seat, if you can afford it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ok, newbie here who is also looking at a new seat for my 2011 Street Glide. I pick her up next month and have been reading a lot of reviews on seats. I must admit, I am just as confused as I started and I am not going to ask for people's opinions on other seats but was curious, how does this "air" seat compare to it's "foam" brothers? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Hey Quaylued, I've got a buddy that has the same scooter as you ( 2002 FLHTCU ) and he has the Zeppelin Leather Seat and he absolutely loves it. BTW he just turned 100,000 miles on the scooter and the seat still looks good also. He spends the winters in the southwest so he can ride year round!

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
If your short, 28 inch inseam or less and the seat is inflated your feet won't touch the ground flat at a stop.

Many people have said they had to deflate when stopped etc

·
Iron Butt, SS2000
3,399 Posts
The thing about the Zeppelin is it's infinitely adjustable, while you're on the road. Think about it, you're home and you have settled into your favorite chair. A couple of hours go by and you need to adjust. At home, you simply change your position. On the road you really can't do that but with an Air-Zeppelin you just change the air pressure. Three different switches/buttons adjusting five air bags, front, rear & center.

As long as you are 5'11" or more, it will be the best thing since sliced bread.

Usually, choice of "best seats" boils down to there is no single best seat. Everyone's ass is different. The air-zep, being so adjustable, widens up the margin of who it fits.

Besides building the motor, it's the single best thing I have done to make my bike better.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Now, we all noticed that this post was from 2002? :whistle:
Hmmm, I wonder what those seats cost back in 2002? :whisper:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts