V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well people, when the new Ultra comes in, I get $1000 to spend on it:) I think "we" will get a seat but just don't know what one of the two?:confused: I know the Mustang will not be money wasted, I know they are fine seats. I know it will be one of the two, just can't deside, any one out there that does NOT like there Road Zeppelin, air seat? I will not get the leather, becouse the Mustang can't be gotton in leather, so the two will be equal in comparison :) Thank you guys for your time in this matter:cool:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have the Zeppelin air seat, I put it on this summer. It seems the more I ride it the more comfortable it is. I do have the leather, the one thing that I think is that the leather wicks away moisture and makes it much more comfortable than sitting on a vinal seat in 90 degree temps.

Boris

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Boris and welcome to the board:) Thank you for responding to my thread:) I use to live in EauClaire, where do you live from there? I was born and raised there, moved to Illinois in 1977:cool: I don't miss the winter up there:p

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks for the welcome Markcuda, I have been here for sometime just haven't stopped in for a long time. My 10-20 is 20 miles east of Wausau.
You should ask Cold Rider about the Zepellin vinal seat, that is what he has.

Boris

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Mark, you may want to wait a bit and get used to the factory seat first. I realize many feel you can't go 45 minute on a stock seat, but not all have that problem. I have 16k on my 02 king, on the stock seat. Plenty of 5-600 mile days. Works fine for me (probably my fat a$$?). I have replaced the seats on other bikes because they didn't work for me. Point is, like lots of touring bike owners, you may be totally satidfied with the stock saet and can spend the $1,000 on other, equally wastefull changes (LOL)

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gbenner, I think you are very right:cool: Why should I spend the money, when we may not even need a custom seat:confused: My thought was, the $1000 is from Harley, if we don't use it at the time the bike goes out the door, we were told we were $hit out of the $1000 then:rolleyes: So, I thought when would we come up with $700 for a seat 5 months down the road:) So, we will just spend it on some other useless items that the dealer has laying around:D I kind of like the thought of saving $700;)

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Markcuda,

A Stage I breather kit and touring mufflers with billet endcaps will go along way toward chewing up that $1K.

wyo

·
Registered
305 Posts
Call me Johnny-come-lately or something!

Mark - IMHO the air adjustable Zepplin seat is the best purchase you could possibly make for comfort for you and your passenger if you do more than just short "posing" trips. How's that for an endorsement?

BTW - you can save about $100 by purchasing it from one of the outfits that offer 20% off retail - ping your dealer to match it, some will come close.

Cold Rider

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have tried tons of seats. Heck, I have several around. My ass says Mustang. My back says Mustang. I've had a Mustang on the three bikes I've had and can't say enough about them. I've done some 500 plus mile days also. I paid the extra smack for the backrest and it's well worth the money. I only use it when I plan on traveling for more then a few hours at a stretch.

I say just buy a Mustang seat.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
I've got a Mustang seat on my lectraglide and love it. It's much more comfortable than the stock seat was. I tried a corbin but it was much bigger and positioned me back further in the seat. I couldn't comfortabley reach my highway pegs. I also got a rip in the backrest of the Mustang and showed it to them at a bikeshow. They removed it and patched it ...no charge. They never even asked how long I had it. Great customer service.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have the Mustang solo with the passenger pad & I think it's great! (Road King)

I would recommend at a minimum get the passenger pad 'cause the overhang supplies some much welcome lower back support.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
I just put a Mustang touring seat on my 03 Ultra. Much more firm than the stock seat and I sit a little higher up, but not more to the front or to the rear. Great service from Mustang; very good quality. A lot less $$ than a Road Zep. If you attend some of the bike weeks, take a look and sit on the display seats; some will install for free and ship your stock seat home to you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts