V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
old timer
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am leaving California April 27th and taking to the road for a month. I'll be heading to Missouri, returning west mid-May to meet up with Hippo, Jimmy,Scooter and others for a ride trough the canyons of Az and Utah.

Anyone along those routes want to ride or get together? Let's hear it. I figure in that month to cover 4000+ miles. Might need a beer or two along the way....LOL.

manny

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
The HOUSTON contingent is headed out on May 17. Houston to Santa Rosa first day is the long one ( 776 mile I think) the rest are a piece of cake. Initial plans are Kigman Az on the 19th.

Anyone wanting to add the sound of their pipes to our THUNDER is welcome. (Yes even you HOG members )

Bla HAHAHAFreshRubberMayBeNeeded! HA!

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Damn, you are making me envious now. Wish I could go along for the whole month, but I take what I can get. LOL

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Manny, sounds like you boys are goin' to have a good time. :D Good for you.

Since you're on your way to Misssouri, I've heard that there are several good places to ride in Western Arkansas. Yes, Arkansas. Give it a thought. And have a safe and enjoyable trip where ever you ride.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Hey manny,

I just received the new American Iron mag yesterday and noticed an article on touring the Grand Canyon. I think it's the May issue. Thought I'd let you know it was there.

Where in Mo. are you heading to? I grew up :D in North St. Louis County.

·
old timer
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not sure. My riding partner has family in MO an that's why we are going there. I'll ride anywhere. On the way back is the good part, I meet up with Jimmy and Hippo and ride the cayons of the west, again.

manny

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Hey bro, some of the guys are talking about heading out the 16th after work and stopping in Dallas. Cuts 214 miles off of the Houston Santa Rosa trip. May head out from Dallas the morning of the 17th. That may be a good place to meet up, eh?

·
old timer
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let me confirm all dates on Missouri and other issues...maybe Santa Rosa maybe Dallas, hell, I might just ride into Houston a day or two early to see what I can. I'll get all the dates together by mid week next week.

I looked at a new Ultra today...20.8K w, ext warr and big bore w/203 cams

I'm pondering...but the FAsTBOY is calling to me...LOL.

manny

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
The bagger has lured you like the song of a siren, the keel has already hit the shoals, you just have a hard time coming to terms with it.
Blahahahahahaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Break the sumbitch in during AZ bikeweek, if you can get yourself to crash in a trailer buried in the desert dirt. LOL.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Bumping this one back up. Want to give folks a chance, if they can swing it, to meet up and party some. Gonna be a hell of a ride y'all!

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Ok back to the top with this one. The Road Trip is coming up fast now. If anyone here sees any part of it that they may be able to swing, y'all are more than welcome.

Again, Houston rides out the 17th to Santa Rosa.

The 18th the is Santa Rosa to SR-64

The 19th is SR-64 to Kingman.

Should be there mid afternoon and THEN the party starts!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Manny.....My friend has a 2001 Ultra Avenger...with a little less than 3,000 miles, his front motor mount is ripped, and the breather blows oil all over the place. You may want to re-think this one....have a great ride...wherever you roam! lol

·
old timer
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I thought I'd bump it up one more time for any last minute additions.

We are touring across I-40, I-70 and I-64 across the Continent and then back, route unknown...anyone want to share a moment or a beer with a road dog????

Location and phone number will make it possible.

manny

1 - 17 of 17 Posts