V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for comments from someone who runs a RR on a bagger with the heat shields. Are they a pain to install? does your boot come in contact with the front part of the headpipe? Fit and finish good? Have heard that getting the shields on correctly is a nightmare. I've seen enough dyno sheets to know it is a good pipe, performance wise.

·
Livin the dream
338 Posts
I run black ceramic RR w/o heatshields on a road king classic. They were alittle tough to put on but well worth the problems. I havent noticed my boot hitting the pipe but that doesnt mean they dont. I had to space out the floor board about an inch so the floorboard bracket didnt rub on the pipe. I thought they were too quiet with the baffles and removing them sounded pretty funny so I modified the baffle by cutting the baffle part off of the ends that slip in, and welded a straight pipe in it. It is loud now but i think this caused a dip in my TQ curve down low. Its still better then the 2:2 pipes I had before the RR. I pulled 80 HP and 86 TQ on a evo with Big Boyz head work/shaved and a ev27 cam. I am happy with the pipes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts