V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
considering moving from my road king to the 03 electra glide classic (carb) with added detachable tourpak setup. anybody made this change and if so are you happy or have any regrets. the king handles like a champ but would like a little more wind protection and a radio would be nice. any input appreciated.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I own a King and have spent some time in the saddle of a Glide. The King feels a little more nimble on the road than the glide but the glide seems to cruise the highway a little better (bumps) I compare it to the difference between an Impala and Caddy or LTD and Lincoln. Love to have the tunes. Have you tried the air deflectors that mount to the forks? I haven't but am told they make a big difference.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Detachable tour pak will be the best of both worlds, two bikes in one. I think you would like it, the radio is a nice feature. .02

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
truckman,

I currently ride an 03 FLHTCI, with the detachables installed for the tourpak and backrest. Love the looks and handling with the tourpak on or off. Also, use a Corbin solo seat and 7" windshield most of the time with the pak off. The am/fm/cd is very nice on those long trips, and so is the cruise control that I just installed. I must admit the music made by the SE slip-on's is equally soothing. I am very happy with this black and chrome beauty, whether it is stone stock or something resembling a head turning cruiser, it seems to provide me the best of both worlds$$$$. Just can't think of anything that I would have done differently. My 2 cents :rolleyes:

·
Registered
686 Posts
I really like the looks of the road king and was going to get one but got an flht instead and I am glad I did very nice bike excellent on the freeways and a lot of fun to ride. The only real solution is to have more than one bike!!! I like the deuce and if I could I would get one as a second bike.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
appreciate the input! still debating. me and the RK are getting pretty close so I might have a hard time giv'n her up.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I rode a 99 rk classic for 2 years. I now own a 2003 flhtci. I do a lot of riding in the mountains of North Carolina and this bike handles as well as my rk did. The new bike is sooooo much better. On long rides the fairing and radio are priceless. I added a quick detatch on the tour pack, a short black windshield, and a badlander seat and now it is as sexy as the king also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts