V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked at a new 02 sreamin eagle Road King at a local dealer today (stopped for a light bulb). 1st one I had seen. I noticed the dash was different than on the regular $20k models. Asked the parts guy and he said he new it was diferent but didn't have a part # (actually he said the SE was special and wasn't available).

Anybody know anything about it? Assume it would fit, but it is narrower, presume the paint under my factory unit would be OK?

Also, the bike had a chrome solid front wheel, like on a Fat Boy. Is this stock, or dealer added? Looked kinda nice (easier to clean than spokes I suspect).

greg

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
gbenner said:
Looked at a new 02 sreamin eagle Road King at a local dealer today
greg,

I assume you meant '03.

I saw two of them at the ORT in Baltimore and there was a big write up on them in the Sept issue of American Iron.

The SE Road King also has fatter chrome handlebars internal wiring. I wuold like to find a PN on these bad boys.

regards,

wyo

·
Registered
246 Posts
WYO,

HD's part number for the Fat Handlebar kit, including the internal wiring, is PN 56675-02, $539.00.

However, if you have some mechanical skills, you'd be far better off buying a set of Wild-1 Chubby bars for about $120 and doing the job yourself. Your wallet will be heavier for it.

I did it on my Fat Boy and am very pleased with the results. (http://members.aol.com/flstfrider/index.htm)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wyo, the one I saw was a 02, dealer said the dash was the same on the 03 SE kings as well.

I agree w/ John C, in fact I just bought the Chubby Wild-1s, getting them installed next week. In all fainess though, the HD price includes a braded brakeline, different clamp, and hardware . Plus, you could get the bars many places at 20% off (i.e. $431.00). Still, the Chubby's are a better deal. (see page 599 in the 03 HD cat.)

greg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts