V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are putting a MAD EFI on a 99 RK stock and going to test next week
just need HP of stock a 88TC and a SE 95 all the phases. This is a complete system intake manifold and new ecu you controll with the touch of a botton every 250 rpm any time you want to change you fuel curve no laptop required.
Jimmyk and others I need your help.
Thanks
Madman

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
There is a difference from dyno to dyno, and the 150 Dynojets give you higher #'s, the 250's and Superflow's give about 10% lower readings.

Stock TC (not the B's) average somewhere in the very low 60's for HP and very low 70's for TQ, but there is a lot of variation from bike to bike.

As far as the stages your best bet would be to look in the P&A catalog from HD as they have sample dyno #'s for every one of them. I have found them to be really close on lucky engines.

The smart thing to do would be to document runs on the particular bike at every stage of modification, ie as any change is done, starting from totally stock.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Like you said this will be a bone stock 99 Road King with 8000 miles
no other change to give us a good base line. I think he has just a Dynojet 150 will find and state which one we test it on.
I see no reason going big to a 95 or bigger if TC 88 is not getting enough AIR.
Jimmyk told me you could help a I want to thank you!
Will take pictures and try to post what the MAD EFI did on the Road King
Ride hard and safe
Madman

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Does not get enough air can be interpreted in many ways.

If I were trying to get good data I would at least try to eliminate two of the three major bottlenecks on the TC, because it is so easy.

Stock RK exhaust systems, the canisters in particular are incredibly restrictive, as well as the airbox. Easy to change. Why test your stuff on a choked engine.

Also the mapping would vary based on the pipes, why test with pipes no one runs.

You are about to have a interesting experience, on bikes unlike boats the thing hard to get right is the transient response. A boat is much like a drag engine, a bike is best when set up like for endurance racing.

BTW, do you know Bobby Moore?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
The third big bottleneck on the TC's is the exhaust port, but that's harder to change. They do make good TQ internally stock but HP is flat on it's ass.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
If it is a 150 you would save a lot of time if you had a means to use a infrared and/or AFR meter simultaneously, even though the 150 is just a accelerometer and not a loadable dyno.

The AFR that seems to work is between 13.5 and 14 straight across.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks Again

We got one on a 97inch EVO Dyna with stock heads that make 116 on 250 with eddycurrent dyno. but had bottom end crank shaft problems and getting it fixed now. It set a record the first time on a track ECTA AT 132 MPH
This a stock dyna mild cam stock heads ( as they came from Harley)with Mad Efi.
The crank got out of balance and had to take it down.
It run on the street great it idle great and had very good midrange better than any carb set up that I have felt and got great gas mileage.
We are useing the map , Rpm and TPS to curve the fuel map it realy run like I woulds want a bike to run, it could be better but it is close, now on to number 2.
On the pipe which on are the best to use and which is the best all around
cams to put in this motor for the next step up. He bought this bike used one month ago and has put 2000 miles on it but wants more.
We are going Intake and ECU first and the pipe and cams. before we go end side.
Hippo if you could email me your phone number I would like to call you about some of these ?????
Thanks
Madman

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
For my money on a EFI bike the White Bros E pipe.

Cams are a long story, depends on heads and CR, for street engines I prefer to stay with lift real close to .500", along the lines of the Andrews TW44, but there are a lot of ways to go.

You will find the stock EVO heads were better then the stock TC heads, but the TC heads have a much better chamber.

[email protected]

http://www.motorcyclemachine.com

If I'm not there talk to Charlie, same thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.