V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever researched the possibility for a holster? I have a CCW and I would love to have a holster fastened to my scoot. Something not so obvious but easily accesible. I've tried some searching but never had any luck. At the moment i store my piece in the bags i purchased that mount to the saddle bag crash bars. It's a little difficult to retrieve my weapon from this location efficently, if needed. Maybe someone here who has been around scoots longer than me can possibly have a suggestion or some advise. :)

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
I would advise that you stop your bike a get off before engaging in pistolcraft :yes:

Now that you're on solid ground, any of the fine Galco CCW holsters will do. ;)

I think mounting a holster to your sled, while cool, is an invitation to more problems than solutions.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I can understand your advice on stance. :) I think im looking for the holster more so to rid having to carry it myself. I have a few Galco holsters. They are good holsters. I have a shoulder rig and an IWB holster from them. Don Hume makes a nice holster (PCCH) too. When im riding, my piece tends to either protrude from it's concielment or it stabs at me. Thanx for the advice. If my search reveals any promise.. I'll be sure to post my finds here.

Edit: love the quote in your sig. :D

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
As a RK owner and a CCW holder, I do not know of such a device. One of my other diversions is bicycling. Whether on the scooter or a bicycle, I have the same dilema. I fully agree with wyodude. I think attaching your gun to your scooter has too many potential pitfuls. It should be on your body where it is available to you if you need it. If you get separated from your bike, it becomes available to someone else to use against you or steal.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I too have a FLHR and a CCW. For my road peace, I carry a S&W hammerless PD airlite 357, either in my leather jacket, or since most of my time is spent in plus 80 degree weather, in the bag that goes on the crash bar for the saddel bags. When in there I use a small Uncle Mikes Sidekick holster, size 12, that clips to the little pouch inside the bag, which allows quick access while sitting on the bike.

Whenever I dismount, the weapon goes with me, it's so small it can fit in any of my jeans pockets while still in the sidekick holster which conceals the outline of the weapon.
Just my-2$en#e-

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I always like mine to be with me. If your IWB holsters are uncomfortable, try a fanny pouch or maybe a different IWB. How far around your hip do you normally position your firearm?

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
SiLlY said:
I can understand your advice on stance. :) I think im looking for the holster more so to rid having to carry it myself. I have a few Galco holsters. They are good holsters. I have a shoulder rig and an IWB holster from them. Don Hume makes a nice holster (PCCH) too. When im riding, my piece tends to either protrude from it's concielment or it stabs at me. Thanx for the advice. If my search reveals any promise.. I'll be sure to post my finds here.

Edit: love the quote in your sig. :D
CCW is not an easy undertaking as you know. I have carried on and off for 30 years. I myself, would suggest you spring for a Sig Sauer or some other light, well made, powerful piece. I shouldnt think on a bike one would not need an offensive weapon. Sig makes some very light personal size guns. I carry a Walther PPK/S. It runs about 26 ounces, empty. Sig makes one as light as 16.x ounces, empty. If you need a weapon for offensive purposes I think nothing less than a .44 magnum would be suitable as a handgun. Try a light gun in your pocket. You may find it is suitable.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanx for the suggestions everyone. I carry a few guns. Not on me at the same time. I have been a Glock fan forever. I carry more than often.. a G-30. It's my favorite. .45, 10+1 rounds. I like palmeris' idea. Im gonna go with that. That seems like a great idea.

Thanx for the concerns about leaving the gun unattended. That wont happen. My piece is like my Master Card. Never leave home without it. :D It never leaves my side. I wouldnt want it to fall into the wrong hands. ;)

Im going to check out that vest link now. I seen one on an NRA magazine that caught my eye. Thanx everyone for your replies.

Edit: Nice vest! Especialy the colorado ones. Speaking of .44 mag.. Anyone here purchase or shot the S&W's 500? A buddy of mine bought it in the smallest frame. I believe it was a 3 inch. YOWZA.. lol What a punch! When he first got it.. we went to the range and shot a box of 400+ grain. w00t!! Almost makes you wonder who was the genius([email protected]) that created this hand cannon. It is unreal! Almost un-shootable. Numbs your arms for about 3 seconds and stuns you so bad it leaves you blank for about a second. You can feel the heat on your face from the fireball that comes out the barrel. It's a nice collectors item but thats about it! Not fun to shoot at all. It was an experience though.. lol.

·
Registered
267 Posts
geoffreyt said:
You will only need one shot if you hit what you aim for.
Unless he/she has friends included in the problem.

I carry a Baretta Mini Cougar in either 45 or 9mm. Usually the 45. Matches the military 9mm in action and controls (stress/practice concept). I carry in usually in a leather vest I had a thumb strap sewn into the inside pocket. Vest can fit over leather jacket or be worn over t-shirt. It is Xtra large and works well as the leather is a little thicker.

I tried PagerPal. Loaded pistol in my crotch...nah. Tried in boot..."excuse me while I sit down in fight and take my riding boot off...nah. If no vest I carry a 25 auto in my back pocket. One stop...not. But "everyone hates to leak".

The real shame is that with my Fla CCW, I can carry in better than 1/2 the states, EXCEPT MARYLAND, where I live and ride the most. Crazy concept that America can put a weapon in my hand and send me to a country where I am the outsider (military orders), but Maryland will not let me protect myself or family where I live. Sorry, this was not a "social" tread. back off the soapbox.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
siliy. i have a .44 super redhawk and it doesnt compare to how crazy my S&W.357 scandium snubnose is to shoot. sounds alot like that 500 you were talking about. five shots and you are numb and burned from the flash. i go to the range and my dad refuses to fire the thing he sayes its crazy. fobus makes a nice cheap paddle holster for the glocks. i also like an ankle holster for the snubbie when riding, just love when the pant leg starts coming up on the expressway and the cagers see the ankle rig.

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
Camera108 said:
Unless he/she has friends included in the problem.

I carry a Baretta Mini Cougar in either 45 or 9mm. Usually the 45. Matches the military 9mm in action and controls (stress/practice concept). I carry in usually in a leather vest I had a thumb strap sewn into the inside pocket. Vest can fit over leather jacket or be worn over t-shirt. It is Xtra large and works well as the leather is a little thicker.

I tried PagerPal. Loaded pistol in my crotch...nah. Tried in boot..."excuse me while I sit down in fight and take my riding boot off...nah. If no vest I carry a 25 auto in my back pocket. One stop...not. But "everyone hates to leak".

The real shame is that with my Fla CCW, I can carry in better than 1/2 the states, EXCEPT MARYLAND, where I live and ride the most. Crazy concept that America can put a weapon in my hand and send me to a country where I am the outsider (military orders), but Maryland will not let me protect myself or family where I live. Sorry, this was not a "social" tread. back off the soapbox.
I live in Maryland also. I have had a permit to carry but do not presently. Oh well. Marylanders need to come to life. Next to Massachusets, let me say ALONG with Massachusets Maryland is run amock with crime, corruption and liberals. Look at the demographics of the state. That should give one a clue.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
JohnyRRR, I was looking at the Alaskan Super Redhawk in 454 flavor. Snub nose. Looks dangerous! I'm looking for a dealer that has one on the shelf. Im interested in purchasing it but not until I see its size for myself. :D I have a 357 snub too. Mine is the model 60 - S&W. I love it. It's the kind of gun most would underestimate. 357 Magnum in pocket size.. lol. What a combo!

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
I carry a .380 AMT Back-Up DAO while riding. It is small enough and flat enough to fit in my back pocket with easy access. I would prefer to not try and shoot from a moving Harley but sometimes you may not have an option.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I carry on the outside of my right ankle. Makes it pretty easy to just reach down and pull the heat out of my boot. My buddy is partial to his shoulder holster. Just a quick grab inside his jacket and bang bang.

Edit - I carry a Colt .38 Special and he packs a Ruger .357 Security Six. They're both snubs, so they're easy to pack.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
SiLlY said:
JohnyRRR, I was looking at the Alaskan Super Redhawk in 454 flavor. Snub nose. Looks dangerous! I'm looking for a dealer that has one on the shelf. Im interested in purchasing it but not until I see its size for myself.
I'd advise firing one also. A snub nose 454 has to kick like a friggin' mule.

I'll bet it sucks to fire the thing. -2$en#e-

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
geoffreyt
Nice vest. How do you like it? Is there any sag or tell tale signs of carry? What do you carry in it?
I use the top one. I posted the bottom one because I have heard good things, but I have never tired it yet.
No sag or tell with it snapped or unsnapped in the front.
Carry a Kimber Ultra CDPII .45ACP. 7 +1 rounds and a spare 8 round clip.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts