V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind handlebar do yu recommend for my Road King. The stock bar is too tight in. I like something wider. How much will they cost and where do I get them?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Bars are really a matter of choice & what fits your physique, riding position, etc. There are lots of different styles to choose from. Quite a few folks like the Heritage bars for RKs.......Mine has them & I think the riding position is quite comfortable. If you're trying them on other bikes, don't forget that the seating position changes with the seats (if you move away from the stock seat).
Rod

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've also been told by several Harley dealers that most Road King owners put Heritage Softail bars on shorlty after purchase. They sit a little farther back, and I think are a tad wider to boot. Sits you more upright as opposed to the factory Road King bars.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Chubbies

Have a look in
HERE
Pictures of 508's on the Bikes

·
Registered
247 Posts
I wonder has anyone tried the 55954 Road King high bars from HD? 3 1/2" higher and 1 1/2" narrower. Stock cables and hoses work. I was even thinking about some FXDWG or mini apes. Stock cables and hoses probably would not work. I like the taller bars, not much on the wide "beach bar" look. How are the Heritage bars on height? Do stock cables and hoses work with them?

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
FLHR-I said:
I wonder has anyone tried the 55954 Road King high bars from HD? 3 1/2" higher and 1 1/2" narrower.

I went for the 55955-00, not that much difference.
Brake lines needed to be bent to fit the bar, I wish I'd have gone for the chubbies first of all.
Save me doing it ALL over again. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I have chubby 508s. 4" plus further back. Do a search in this forum, there was a couple of other threads a couple months ago or so.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Checked out the Wild 1 Chubby site. The 515's look like what I have in mind. Then I need $300 worth of braided cables and hoses, new grips, extended wiring, etc. May as well chrome out the controls while I'm at it. DOES IT EVER STOP????

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
:D Nope, we have another brew, take a ride, buy more goodies and die......

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had risers installed on my FLHRI with stock handlebar. Brings the handlebar up about 3" and backward about 1 1/2". More ergonomic and comfortable riding position for long ride. Don't have to strecth arms anymore. Don't have to change cables.

·
Registered
129 Posts
FLHR-I said:
I wonder has anyone tried the 55954 Road King high bars from HD? 3 1/2" higher and 1 1/2" narrower. Stock cables and hoses work. I was even thinking about some FXDWG or mini apes. Stock cables and hoses probably would not work. I like the taller bars, not much on the wide "beach bar" look. How are the Heritage bars on height? Do stock cables and hoses work with them?
I have the 55954 bars on my FLHR , they are a real blessing , improves the riding position and hence the handling , all the stock cables and hoses fit .

·
Registered
171 Posts
Wild1 Chubbies are a very low quality part. Very poor chrome,very bad prep work. You can see grinding marks and poor bends throughtout the bars. Would highly recommend buying from someone else!!!
Kuryakyn makes some and Drag Specialties has the same size/dimension bars.......(of the 508's or 518's)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts