V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I did a search but did not really get all the information I needed. I suffered with too far forward handlebars on my last Road King and I want the dealer to install new bars on the '03 when it arrives. Problem is, I don't know which bars to tell them to install. On this site, the search pulled up a couple threads dealing with Harley Bars # 55954, Chrome Road King High Handlebars. Messages seemed to indicate this helped eliminate the uncomfortable, back aching stretch to the stock bars. The Harley description mentions that these bars are higher and narrower than stock. My question is how does higher/narrower help when too far forward is the problem? Also, how have others solved this and which bars were used? Any advice will be much appreciated!
Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
69 Posts
here's a pic of my '00 RK. The bars are fat bars. Several people that have RK have asked to sit and try them out and a few have switched. I'm 6'4" and the feel great. I stealer salesman is 5'3" and switched to them.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Had same problem with factory bars. I put Chubby 508's on my King. Wider and an inch or more pulled back.Love 'em.

If you do a search on this forum. you'll find several threads on this topic.

·
Registered
129 Posts
firefox , the HD 55954 are only about an inch narrower than the stock bars , they have a lot more rise and pullback , this brings the bars closer to the rider without changing the wrist angle , this gives a lot of comfort , The stock cables and brake hose fit as per standard .
I have included a pic ,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts