V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of buying the road king 03 has anbody else purchased and if so do you have info on $$$$ to buy did the dealer give you any incentives,and how long for arrival after your order

·
Registered
695 Posts
aeads00,
Have you had a chance to make it over (visit) one or any of your local Harley dealers? It was a rude awakening for me when I first started. To begin with forget about the negoiation process -- its their price. I found out that I was lucky to get a bike ordered at MSRP -- it's nothing like I'd experienced before. Incentives? That's a hard one -- there weren't any. The incentive was for me to lay down a deposit and get my bike ordered. I ordered my bike on 3 June. I was told I might get it in September. Pretty good business eah? Your best bet is to get out and visit a few dealerships. Basic pricing on these bikes can be found on the Harley website. If you just want a basci stock bike, you're good to go but if you want pipes that sound good that's an extra. Yeah it was a real shocker for me. I didn't know that the stock pipes sounded so muffled down. Anyway the extras add up quick but you can save yourself some money by ordering your parts online and installing them yourself or find a good wrencher. Good luck on your Road King, who knows maybe after you start looking around some more you'll change your mind.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I bought a '03 Road King Classic. It was 21k out the door tax., lic, shipping, security system, etc., etc. I talked to the dealer about the commemorative bikes. There is one for fire(red) and one for police (blue). There is some "special" pricing for these bikes, however you must be an active or retired fire fighter or law enforcement. I'm a career law enforcement officer, but I wasn't interested in the commemorative colors.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

yes i am a firefighter. the dealer here in town said they will waive the shipping and prep so we will se come 03 if i have the extra $$$ then

·
Registered
903 Posts
I believe "Hoss" has the Ultra Classic F.F.E. You may want to PM him to ask for the details on his bike. I have the P.O.E Ultra Classic and it was MSRP. They did throw in a few extras for me but I don't think it was standard practice.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Re: thanks

aeads00 said:
yes i am a firefighter. the dealer here in town said they will waive the shipping and prep so we will se come 03 if i have the extra $$$ then
Thanks for your service.

Shipping and prep are around a grand, so at least there is a little good news. If your gonna order one, I think a 3 - 6 month lead time is not unusual. The other good news is HD plans a 14 month production run on the 03's.

Good luck on getting the RK, I love mine.

regards,
wyodude

·
Registered
174 Posts
My 02 FFSE flhtcui was 20,000 out the door tax, title, ship, prep ect.... No goodies where thrown in, and belive me I tried.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I ordered an '03 Firefighter FLHRI last month. The price was $15,800. I was told that it would be here in December. Spirit H-D, in Glenshaw, PA ( just above Pittsburgh, ) told me $15,460, but I already had on ordered. Word of advice; if you don't order one soon, you won't be able to get one. I believe they only made 500, last year.

·
Registered
174 Posts
"I believe they only made 500, last year"

Are you talking about the RK??

I had mine in three months but the emblem took 6 months to get here.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
firefighter roadking

well im going to order mine today but i have seen the prices flex here in bloomington in. the msrp is 16995.00 at hacienda harley they sell them at 14000.00plus fees there in az. so at 17000.00 o well its time to get my ride

·
Registered
903 Posts
I'm not sure how many they make a year but it is limited. I ordered my P.O.E. Ultra Classic in January but they had already filled the production list for the year and I had to wait until they started production on the next year models which was July, I believe. I ended up getting it in November.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I ordered an 03 Road King FF Edition in August of this year and was told that I will get mine sometime between April and June of 2003?? I was told $16,900 .

I have since found a brand new 03 RK Classic ( Vivid Black ) for $18490 , a $1000 jump over msrp but probably worth it for me to pick it up in about a week?? Should have it by middle of the month for sure. I am gonna get it and likely let the FF RK go to someone else unless I decide to get it anyway when it comes in and sell the Classic then??

HD gave me 8.9% financing as long as I take an extended warranty out on the bike. I was going to anyway. Had to give $500 down by credit card and a total of 10% down at pickup.

I will be riding soon and can hardly wait.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the 2002 FLHRI FFSE, I ordered mine 02/27/02 during the initial 3 month period, 01/11/02 thru 03/11/02 when they were first offered. I took delivery June 1st .

I live in upstate NY and paid 16,665 plus set up/freight (800.00), most of the FF's that I have corrasponded with around the country, that bought theirs during HD's first offering, paid roughly the same. I have seen as someone noted here, that there are a few dealers that sell for less.

The sticker badge that comes with the FFSE from HD sucks! I have since purchased a badge from a brother FF that produced a chrome version that is unreal. I have attached a picture of it and some of the bike.

HD has stopped taking orders on the 2003 FLHRI, but the other two models are still available, this is stated on HD's web site.

When I ordered mine I had called the factory and talked with the woman in charge of the Police/FF Special Edition sales and was told that HD wanted to do something for the FF's due to 9/11, and they had "limited" production capability available on the 02's, which is why they only took orders for the 3 months. She also stated that HD had the FFSE and a Veteran Special Editon in the works for the last couple of years for release in the 2004 model year.

Here are some pictures, by the way I love mine, I have close to 5000 miles on it and would not trade it for the world. I ride it in memory of the fallen brothers of 9/11 and with great pride in our great profession.

http://img2.ranchoweb.com/images/sglide/meanmachine1.jpg

http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sglide/newcover.jpg

http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sglide/badge.jpg

Picture of HD's sticker

http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/sglide/motobadge---1.jpg

Good Luck,
Sglide (Ernie)
Local 1280

·
Registered
24 Posts
Factory??

I have a 2003 POSE on order. What is the number to the factory rep? I would love to get a build or shipping date. My dealer won't tell me a thing!

·
Registered
45 Posts
"What is the number to the factory rep? I would love to get a build or shipping date"

Here is what is listed on HD's web site:
"To speak with a Harley-Davidson customer service representative call (414) 343-4056".

They will not give you the information on your build date, the dealer will be the first to know that information, but they were great for answering other questions I had.

Good Luck
Sglide (Ernie)
Local 1280

1 - 15 of 15 Posts