V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my front brakes fixed on my Road King Custom for several months...finally got the dealer and the MOCO to swap the front rotors left and right.....anywho...I caught some flak on here from guys saying I was crying about nothing and to live with a "little" squeek....well....Popular mechanics did a review of the RKC....and most of their report is about the squeeking and how they just stopped using the front brakes......Anyway....here's the link....and for all you guys and gals with a RKC....hassel your dealer to do the rotor swap.....works.........

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/sub_motor_cycles/1782671.html

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
I have a Custom and that is no little squeek. I had the swap done earlier this summer when I had a new front tire put on. It's cured!!!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Had mine done this summer, too. After gettin the usual brush-off from the dealer several times last summer ('04). Got on the horn to the MOCO, after three calls, the dealer finally did the swap. Not a peep since. I get some kind of justice knowing that the damn noise WAS bad enough that PM made a BIG issue of it. Shame on the MOCO for releasing the Customs with the problem in the first place. They deserve all the bad press they get on this IMO, good on PM for calling them on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts