V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone switched out their old dash (standard Road King) for one of these sleek Road King Custom dashes?? I searched the forum to no avail. Whats it take? I home to be painting the bike & stretching the tank in the coming months and doing some light fab is no problem. Thanks in advance....
Tim

·
Still in one piece
269 Posts
I bought one a while back with the same intention but ran into a problem. I have a 2001 with a carb meaning a solid top on the tank. The holddown bolt for the custon dash is about 3/4 inch difference from the standard dash. Fabrication wouldn't be a problem if you were doing a repaint but I wasn't ready for that.

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

fresnohog said:
I bought one a while back with the same intention but ran into a problem. I have a 2001 with a carb meaning a solid top on the tank. The holddown bolt for the custon dash is about 3/4 inch difference from the standard dash. Fabrication wouldn't be a problem if you were doing a repaint but I wasn't ready for that.
Sometimes I wish my 2000 had a carb. Theres a dash on ebay right now...but i'll keep looking for a deal. By the way, what part of Fresno are you from? I roll thru there quite a few times a year...my folks live in North Fork up 41. Lotsa cool places to ride up there. Everytime up I find some new place or road. I hope to come that direction when my daughter gets out of HS in 3-4 years, and get the heck outta So. Cal. Thanks for the reply....
Tim

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Not exactly what your asking, but I replaced the stock dash on my 2001 FLHRCI with one for a Screaming Eagle Road King. It wasn't a difficult job. Hardest part was buffing out the impression in the clear coat from the wider stock dash footprint on the gas tank.

·
drinker of fine ales
273 Posts
road_king said:
Not exactly what your asking, but I replaced the stock dash on my 2001 FLHRCI with one for a Screaming Eagle Road King. It wasn't a difficult job. Hardest part was buffing out the impression in the clear coat from the wider stock dash footprint on the gas tank.

Can't tell you how many times i've been outbid on Ebay for one of those. I'm to cheap to get a new one from the dealer.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Osh said:
Can't tell you how many times i've been outbid on Ebay for one of those. I'm to cheap to get a new one from the dealer.
Yea they aren't cheap from the HD dealer. I got mine when a local dealer was running a 20% off parts sale. The first 2 dash units had terrible chrome. I wouldn't accept them when I went to pick them up. The 3rd one was a charm.
At that price, it had to be freakin' perfect!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts