V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
I have a set of Road King Classic saddle bags up for auction on e-bay. The right side bag has some damage to the lid. It should be repairable if you have some mechanical ability. The left side bag is in great shape. I had these on a 1996 police bike. Thanks for looking.

Advertizing Ebay auctions is not allowed.

Posting a classified ad as your first post is not allowed.

Two strikes, yer out!

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
WoW!! Who is this guy anyway?

Comes in here, doesn't read the signs posted at the door, doesn't introduce himself before he starts selling his "snake oil". Would somebody please show him the house rules before he continues his sales talk. Not very nice way to start out your first visit.

READ! the first of this thread GHead!!!

o~\o

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
seems to be influx of this lately, I guess it's winter and more time spent on the computer over riding. I've also noticed allot of hello I'm so and so first post and second, third, forth ... posts are I have something for sale.

·
2005 Road King Classic
1,632 Posts
As long as one follows the rules whats the harm if he posts stuff in classified? So he has 2,3,4 posts? Buyer beware.

I'd be more inclined to only allow those who are registered users to post in the classified section. I mean if your going to make money using the board you should at least have to contribute.

Ghead may be banned but his post is still here. Looks like he accomplished what he wanted.

·
Registered
645 Posts
The person to purchase something from a member with less than 5 posts, IMHO, should get robbed. lol! ;)

·
Slightly Abrasive
123 Posts
bbrowncods said:
As long as one follows the rules whats the harm if he posts stuff in classified? So he has 2,3,4 posts? Buyer beware.
He didn't follow the rules.
1st post was a classified ad, and it also included Ebay links.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
bbrowncods said:

I'd be more inclined to only allow those who are registered users to post in the classified section. I mean if your going to make money using the board you should at least have to contribute.

Ghead may be banned but his post is still here. Looks like he accomplished what he wanted.
The harm is that some would join the forums just to advertize their stuff, which means they are expecting DP to pay for hosting their ads.

I agree with the second part. In fact, I think classifieds should be available only to premium members.

Finally, his post is there but the contact info isn't. I could have deleted the whole thread but one hopes others will learn from example.

regards,

wyo

·
2005 Road King Classic
1,632 Posts
Nt Train said:
He didn't follow the rules.
1st post was a classified ad, and it also included Ebay links.
I guess I should have been more clear. I know that Ghead didn't follow the rules. When I said "he" I was speaking metaphorically.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts