V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

This question is for any RK Classic owners who swapped their stock seat for the Sundowner Classic seat. Did the Sundowner place your rear end closer to or farther away from the handlebars compared to the stock seat? Also, can anyone tell me about the relative worth of the Harley rider's back rest that adjusts pneumatically (the one that retails around $300)? Any additional comments about the comfort of the Sundowner on the RK Classic will also be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just ordered one. I'll let you know when it gets here. I've talked to others on other sites and the sundowner seems to be well received. One rider used the sundowner with a Mustang back rest because of his dislike for the MOCO one. After I get the seat installed then the quest for new handlebars begins!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Firefox...I have an RKC 2003 with a sundowner and quick release passenger backrest. I chose not to do the rider backrest. As for sitting, you're about the same...maybe a bit farther back. I'm 6'3" about 220 lbs and the seat puts me in the right position to reach the bars. Shorter folks may need to make an adjustment but for me...perfect. The ride's great with the seat. No tired butt for me or my girl after long days and as long as her butt's happy...so am I..know what I mean? Bottom line...great seat. I think you'll be pleased.

Ride hard. Ride Safe!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts