V-Twin Forum banner

Road King: cee bailey vs clearview

5K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  DanDolfn 
#1 · (Edited)
I've read dozens of windshield threads (like the current one about Klock Werks) but none have applied to my situation.

I got a Tall Boy seat with padding on my 2011 Road King. The seat lifts me up so much I see about three to four inches over the windshield.

In looking around, the Cee Bailey and the Clearview windshields seem appropriate for me. I'm looking at +2 over stock with each.

The Clearview has a recurve. I could also get +2 width with the Cee Bailey.

My wife will ride occasionally, but it will mostly be just me.

Does anyone have any comments on either windshield or on a similar choice they had to make?

#2 ·
My personal preference is Cee Bailey. Have one on both of my bikes>

#3 ·
I did just the opposite, Dan, I went down a few inches with a Clearview 15 inch on my '09 RKC.... the recurve is well done and I can tell you that this 15 inch clears way more wind out of my face than the taller stock windshield did, so I would guess you should experience the same effect with yours at the same height or taller than stock... it's the recurve that makes them work so well.....

By hoofmender at 2011-04-12

By hoofmender at 2011-04-13

#5 ·
Cee Bailey

I got a Cee Bailey on my 08 Ultra after four previous windshields. By far the best I've had, highly recommend them.
RJ

#6 ·
FWIW: I have had the Clearview on my Road Glide for the last three years and 47,000 miles. I am well satisfied. I think the recurve does work and is more subtle than on other recurve shields.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.