V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my prior bikes, the hot setup for aftermarket shocks was usually Ohlins. What shocks should I be looking at for my '03 RKC? I'd like to replace the stock units with something that has more travel that would improve the ride and handling.

thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ohlins --you comming off beamers? I'm also looking for something down the line for the same bike. I just read an article in the January edition of Hot Rod Bikes about Progressive Suspension's 440 IAS (MSRP $495) Bottom line -- they liked 'em. I'll stay tuned to see what the FLH experts have to say.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve,

A couple of Beamers and most recently an Aprilia Mille. I too look forward to some insight from those more experienced with these bikes.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
ONE OF THE BEST SHOCKS OUT THERE WILL BE PROGRESSIVES, BUT THERE WONT BE A LOT MORE TRAVEL JUST BETTER HANDLING. THEY MIGHT BE A LITTLE STIFFER, BUT WHEN LOADED FOR TOURING THEIR RIDE CANT BE BEAT. IF YOU WANT TO SPEND A LOT OF MONEY LEGEND JUST CAME OUT WITH AN AIR RIDE ADJUSTABLE, BUT PRICEY (ABOUT 1200)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ohlins --you comming off beamers? I'm also looking for something down the line for the same bike. I just read an article in the January edition of Hot Rod Bikes about Progressive Suspension's 440 IAS (MSRP $495) Bottom line -- they liked 'em. I'll stay tuned to see what the FLH experts have to say.
I found a company in Largo Fl Suspension Technologies that makes Shocks for Harley touring. They offer it in 11" 12" and 13' with a standard spring or a heavy spring if your are carrying over 400lbs Best ride ever and Lifetime Warranty. Best of all American made and American assembled. They Retail for 649.00 and ship for free.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,645 Posts
I have Legends Air shocks on mine. It really helped A LOT with the ride and the handling in corners. Check out Wlibers also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts