V-Twin Forum banner

Road King 72 hp 78 touque first dyno test

2K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  HIPPO 
#1 ·
Don' know if that is good or not some say they can get that easy
I would like to see how fast it will get too 6000 grand this was dam fast
The owner rode it for the first time and came back with a big smile on his face. He was very happy. The road king will light up the tire in first anytime from a 4 mph roll on.
Like I said this is my first harley efi and the first bike to ride in 5 years. Before at 5500 it was dead in 4th and 5th now it will go when you twist the grip all the way to 6000 on the street and on the dyno.
This was a dynojet 150 at 90 degrees with 90 % humidity.
no other change to it. dyno 60 hp with white brother pipe with the baffles in and that is the way we tested.
It gain 11.2 hp or 19% hp and 10 foot pounds of touque for 10 % +
This was a Mad Efi bolted on a 2001 RK 88 using our Total controll ECU
and intake manifold

#2 ·
You could well be on the right track, it depends a lot on how you look at things.

It is not unlike the situation you have on carb bikes when comparing a CV bike with a Mikuni bike.
The guy riding the Mikuni bike will swear he has much better throttle response and he will mostly be right. If on the other hand you put both bikes on the dyno or on a track with a stopwatch it will be a wash.

The more you play with these things, the more you find.

#4 ·
Will have a good test next few weeks

Will have a 2002 Road King with SE 1 in a few weeks
Will put the side by side soon again they both went to S.C rally
They have good idea on where they were.
You right that is what I want to have fare test becaus it don't think it is tune yet order 02 senser will be here next week it will tune itself
Will tell you what happens soon.
This one will pull 5th off the speedo I still don't know if that is normal
what will one pull in 5th??????
Thanks
Madman

#5 ·
Totally stock baggers run between 102 and 108 on GPS. Varies from bike to bike a lot.

Is the 02 bike a carb or EFI bike before the modification?, was the 01 carb or EFI originally? I know you told me but I forgot. CRS. :D
How do you get past the stock 5800 rev limiter if the bike is not reflashed or has a stock ignition module? What fuel pressure is the MM bike running and what do you intend to run on the Delphi?

What sort of O2 sensor do you intend to use, ie 1, 3 or 5 wire? and where in the system do you intend to install it?.

#7 ·
Hippo.....If it replaces the entire stock ECU...doesn't it have whatever rev limit they want?

It's very interesting from a technical standpoint but $2700??.

For that much it should have a HD logo on it...hehe.

#9 ·
Tried to scam new hp won't work????

It only fuel right now working on adding ignition.
Working on and have it now where you can controll front and rear cylinders.
you have a build on rev limiter
accelartor mode low and high
you can run one oxygen sensor it will run perfect everywhere( one wire)
but if you what to haul --- just turn the knob 4% richer and hold on
right now it the stock limiter must still be in there because the is a small
dip in thr curve at 5800-5900 and dyno line stopon 70 hp line
frome 5600-5800 it was 71.2
The 2700.00 price is for a complete kit
intake air filter
2 injectors
fuel rail with regulator
fuel pump
02 sensor
air sensor
heads sensor
tps
wiring harness
programmer NO LAP TOP program as you ride if you would like.
come with fuel curve the will run very good.
Like I have said before this only the first test It will get better than this
My feelings if it help a stopped up 88 12 hp what will it do for a 95 or large motor that need more air than the 88???????
will have to find one and try it.
But the best part is no matter what you do to the motor pipes,cams and heads you can recurve it in minutes on the road the bike will tell what it needs.
Three people rode this bike and all three put the fuel knob a couple % for the other rider for their riding type
Harley make good EFI but if you change anything you might have problems!
Thanks
Madman
:D

#10 ·
Let me know when you get there.

You are right, the stock engines are plugged up at the exhaust port, not to speak of the cams.

We have a few versions of TC heads depending on what you want to do. From simple ones with Vortec and antireversion ports, bigger valves and stock chamber, to small dual swirl chambers with further modified and raised ports and possibly a VVT version in the near future if my bike works out.

#11 · (Edited)
Testing tomorrow I hope

Hippo
Thats want I was talking about. There is a lot of good intake out there I just want this to be as good as I can make it and with out a bike or motor
it hell to want to work on one for a week not 2 hour is all the work we have tuning it.
I haven't riden in 10 years.
Email me some prices on the heads and how much hp they will make.
Thanks
Again
Wayne:)

#12 ·
I hear you, that's something we all have to deal with and one of the reasons we try the experimantal stuff on our own bikes. Takes a lot of time to dial stuff in at first.

I'll have Charlie e-mail you from MT with what he can do for you pricewise.

The #'s we get with the heads are not really the upper limit as we work with really conservative compression ratios and cam lifts because the bikes have to live on the street with temperatures in the mid 110's, and in the case of EFI bikes you are stuck as far as ignition curves. The PC on the Delphi bikes isn't a long term workable option.
Even so you are talking low 100's HP/TQ on a 95" with the cheap ones and 120+ on bigger engines with the fancy ones regardless of carb or EFI.
With a good fuel system (and a good ignition) this can no doubt be pushed up.
Just have to wait and see what Harley unveils in Atlanta a couple of weeks down the road as far as their new programmable ECM.

Funny thing is the VVT's are up to 111 lb/ft with stock heads and stock ECM's, but pretty radical cams, and have proven so on a 250 series Dynojet in CA. Keep in mind the 250's typically read between 7 and 13% lower then 150's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.