V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed, at least here in the St. Louis area, not very many people have Road Glides. In fact I personally don't know anyone who has one or even knows anyone who has one. I have never even seen one on the road. I have seen a used one that was several years old but not a new one. From everything I have read and heard posted in various forums, people who have them absolutely love them. Are Road Glides just not very common or is this just in St. Louis? I think they look really cool and hear they ride like a dream. I will be trading my 2003 sportster in for a touring rig, not enough room on the sporty for me and my wife, and would appreciate any comments on the Road Glide.

·
Premium Member
2,433 Posts
I've lived in Florida for three years and I have never seen one here either.

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
They are ALL over SoCal. I like 'em so much I even considered swapping out the front end of my Ultra to a RG front end. Great bikes!

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
It's because their the "weak" man's Ultra.:laugh: You see most guys who don't have the arm strength to support the wind on the fairing get these Road Glides. It's a nice step down from a normal Electra Glide. %[email protected] Bad part is, you can't get an Ultra Road Glide. :brows:

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
Rock_Steady said:
It's because their the "weak" man's Ultra.:laugh: You see most guys who don't have the arm strength to support the wind on the fairing get these Road Glides. It's a nice step down from a normal Electra Glide. %[email protected] Bad part is, you can't get an Ultra Road Glide. :brows:
Real men build their own Road Glide Ultra. Wussies buy one of thoese ready built ultras.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
:roflback: :roflback:
Rock_Steady said:
Whatever Rock_S Just like a sportster (like yours)is a womans harley? C'mon....

Road Glides started to become very popular in the San Francisco Bay Area of California about 5 years ago when the HA's started buying them. There seem to be an awful lot of em in california since thenm more than I've seen anywhere else(they are everywhere!). I saw an awful lot of em in 04 at Sturgis, but not so many at the 100th in Milwaukee in 03.
I have an 01 and I love it and will keep it forever, they are very nice bikes! Deffinately the class of the HD linup despite what the ultra owners say. Do yourself a favor, rent one for a few days! Be sure to adjust the floorboards, levers and bars before you leave the renting dealer (this can be HUGE difference)!
I have NEVER EVER heard anyone with a Road Glide say "I wish I woulda bought...."

I live in Oregon and there are very few of em up here, I can only think of one and I see it at most rallies and runs I go to, same bike so we have a little brotherhood thing..
Very rare in oregon

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
They're the Red Headed Stepchild of the baggers.
That said, Road Glide owners do seem to be a loyal lot...

·
Yet another 43 Double D
626 Posts
Harley's Best Kept Secret

I picked up my Road Glide in August and am a very happy camper. Part of the attraction is that there aren't a lot of them and their distinctive looks. :harhar:

Just another satisfied Road Glider...

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
I myself ride a EG Standard. Two years ago I did a Fly and Ride to Las Vegas and was put on a '03 Road Glide. I wasn't a fan of the Road Glide because I didn't care for the look. When I first found out I was riding a Road Glide, I was disappointed. That disappointed went away after an hour of riding! I believe in '04, HD changed the angle of the fairing and it looks a lot better! Like someone said earlier, HD's best kept secret!

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
The RG is a great bike. Go rent one and find out for yourself.

·
Banned
4,121 Posts
Lots of RG's (relatively speaking, there's still lots more sheep on EG's ...) around here. That's because the local dealer loves them, rides one and really makes a point of showing off the RG to customers.

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
I'm with ya on the ride. I hear it's pretty smooth. :yes: As far as the profile of the Road Glide. It's pretty okay there too. :coffee: But when you look that puppy square in the eyes, head on. :thumbsdn: I've seen better lookin' sewer rats. :roflback: %[email protected]

I love this next part. :flames:

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Rock_Steady said:
It's because their the "weak" man's Ultra.:laugh:
Tell that to the Hell's Angels.

The Road Glide is very popular with the HA (just ask the one's that are VTF members).

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
wyodude said:
Tell that to the Hell's Angels.

The Road Glide is very popular with the HA (just ask the one's that are VTF members).
:hmmm:...None of those around here to my knowlege, haven't seen any vest or jackets. What's the vision of the Hell's Angels group?

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
:dunno: Hey what is up with all the RG bashing. You don't like the look of my ride, cool with me but this weak man stuff or referring to the RG as the red headed step child of HD is pure *TIBS*

1 - 20 of 54 Posts