V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a Harley Sundowner seat on my 03 RG. All I can say is WOW!!!, what a difference in riding comfort. It's good bye stock seat..

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
My butt likes me now

Now why can't they put seats like these on at the factory? I put a Sundowner on my FLHTCI and my son put one on his XL1200C. I had a Mustang on my Road King Custom I use to have.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
sking said:
Installed a Harley Sundowner seat on my 03 RG. All I can say is WOW!!!, what a difference in riding comfort. It's good bye stock seat..
I put a Sundowner on my Street Glide. Is is a lot more comfortable and it looks good on the bike. I first tried a Mustang seat made for the RK Custom. I was told that the RK Custom seat would fit. The Mustang was too big and dorky looking on the Street Glide. That's too bad because I like the comfort of the Mustangs.

eddie

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My problem with the stock RG was the curve in the seat was constantly trying to roll my big butt under. Not very comfortable..

·
Registered
9 Posts
I installed an ultra classic seat on my 05 Road Glide - big improvement and my wife is much more comfortable. I also had the passenger sissy bar cut and extended 1.75" so that the pad is raised further up on the wifes' back - that improved things greatly for her.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts