V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have trouble with these boogers? I've lost two in my fairing while changing windshields. There ought to be a better way.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
I keep extras on the bike and yes they are a pain in the arse. It can be kinda difficult getting the shield changed and tightened and if you loose a couple and don't have extras on hand, yer screwed. I always redo mine when I have the fairing opened up and get it good and tight. it's easy with the outer fairing off.

·
Registered
977 Posts
adlerx said:
I keep extras on the bike and yes they are a pain in the arse. It can be kinda difficult getting the shield changed and tightened and if you loose a couple and don't have extras on hand, yer screwed. I always redo mine when I have the fairing opened up and get it good and tight. it's easy with the outer fairing off.
On my 2000 SERG, a friend told me this trick: Take the grommets out whenever you take the windshield off. When re-assembling, start the screw into the grommets right on the windshield before putting the windshield back on. Then fit them into the holes and tighten the screws the rest of the way. Never lost another one after that.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
stanc said:
Anybody have trouble with these boogers? I've lost two in my fairing while changing windshields. There ought to be a better way.
Check out this months American Rider. They have an article about RG windshields/fairings.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
DaveT said:
On my 2000 SERG, a friend told me this trick: Take the grommets out whenever you take the windshield off. When re-assembling, start the screw into the grommets right on the windshield before putting the windshield back on. Then fit them into the holes and tighten the screws the rest of the way. Never lost another one after that.
\
Great idea!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts