V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking to make some changes to the brake light and rear turn signals on my '01 Road Glide. One of the options I'm considering is the a Kuryakyn aftermarket signal bar. I like the bullet style turn signals and the ability to relocate the license plate. I think that it would really clean up the look of the rear-end. Here are my questions:
  • This part indicates that it will mount on dressers and road kings - does the Road Glide fall under Kuryakyn's definition of dresser? And if not, are the attachment holes on the fender of the Road Glide significantly different?
  • The bullet lights seem like they'd fit roughly between the fender and the bags? Anyone with experience with this?
  • Any suggestions on a tail light to go with this configuration?
  • If this is not a workable solution, I'd appreciate alternative suggestions.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I can't imagine that a Road Glide is not a bagger. The fender is the same, as far as I know...

I wish I would have looked into this set up before I bought Harley's version of this; the stock set up on the Street Glide and the CVO bikes.

Harley's piece requires me to remove the lower fender light on my 03 Road Glide and I don't want to lose the light. I'm gonna do some modifying this weekend to the license plate bracket, and see if I can make it all fit...

As far as a tail light, my kit came with a solid red tail light lens, no clear window for the license plate. I'd check with HD, I bet you can buy it separately as a "service part" for the kit I have...

Good luck with your decision
Dan

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
ZR1Dan said:
I can't imagine that a Road Glide is not a bagger. The fender is the same, as far as I know...

I wish I would have looked into this set up before I bought Harley's version of this; the stock set up on the Street Glide and the CVO bikes.

Harley's piece requires me to remove the lower fender light on my 03 Road Glide and I don't want to lose the light. I'm gonna do some modifying this weekend to the license plate bracket, and see if I can make it all fit...

As far as a tail light, my kit came with a solid red tail light lens, no clear window for the license plate. I'd check with HD, I bet you can buy it separately as a "service part" for the kit I have...

Good luck with your decision
Dan

You can buy the FHLX (Street Glide) taillight from the dealer... it's in the parts book. There is no plate light window in it. I did one of these for Ernster500.

·
Registered
657 Posts
That looks pretty close towhat came stock on my 04 Roadglide.
Why not check into the 04 taillight/turnsignal assembly. It would probably fit.

Ride Safe,
Vettster

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Kuryakyn tail light

You can always change to a Kuryakyn Panica tail light. They have that nice smoke lens available. The flashing led tail stop light gets lots of attention.

I've had two cops stop and tell me they tail light on my bike was the greatest safety item they had seen installed on a bike.

The panacea system is not cheap but it sure is nice.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
if you want a taillight that flashes when you hit the brakes, install a Kisan "TailBlazer" brake light modulator.

The 100HD installs with three connections, is tiny, and bulltproof.

http://www.kisantech.com/index.php?cat_id=3

I don't like the modulating bulbs because you can't use them if you switch to an LED taillight, plus the 100HD can be hooked to individual lights if you wanted.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Z Dog, that's a nice looking peice, I've been wanting to change my tailight setup, that one looke like a winner! Antone have pictures of their rear tailight/plate changes?
Looks like you use your stock tail light with that one, might need a different lens cuz of the clear plate window in the top.

·
Registered
27 Posts
dog, please post your results/oppinion if you proceed with this light bar kit. I have a 03 RG and I also like the looks of this light bar..
thanks, steve

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AustinFXDWG: I saw that too. It's just the look I'm trying to achieve. Thanks for the link.

sking: It's gonna be sometime after mid-April before I move forward on this. The light bar won't be available til February and work is hell for me through April. So unless I can find a mechanic locally that will take on the project for a reasonable rate (not something I'm inclined to have a HD Dealership handle) it's gonna be a while.

I'm a relative noob when it comes to this kind of thing, and I'm not just installing the light bar, but also gonna set it up for the Kuryakyn Panacea LED lighting, with the tail light... which leads me to believe that with various load equalizers may be time consuming (at least for me).

However, I will post before and after shots, as well as a parts list for anyone inclined to do something similar.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts