V-Twin Forum banner

Road Glide owners thread

795K views 3K replies 655 participants last post by  Slingshot383 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a thread we can use to discuss all things related to the Road Glide. There is a little about me and my RG in the photo album link in my signature below. So you guys with RG's post here and post often. Let's see what you got.

Ride proud and ride safe,

Road Glider

See less See more
#2 ·
RoadGlide Thread

That Pearl Yellow is a beautiful color. I like your ride.
Man it's about time someone started one just for us. I wish there was a nation wide club for RoadGlide owners.
OK, here's mine. A 2006 Deep Cobalt, lowered front and rear, color matched chopped tour trunk (detatchable), color matched inner fairing, chrome drivers area (mini apes, controls, switches and caps, mirrors etc) Chrome rotors, calipers, hardware, upper fork covers and lower sliders. Stainless Russell brake line kit. Chrome windshield. Short passenger sissy bar with small pad and luggage rack (detatchable). Riders back rest and much more I'm forgetting.

#2,361 ·
That Pearl Yellow is a beautiful color. I like your ride.
Man it's about time someone started one just for us. I wish there was a nation wide club for RoadGlide owners.
OK, here's mine. A 2006 Deep Cobalt, lowered front and rear, color matched chopped tour trunk (detatchable), color matched inner fairing, chrome drivers area (mini apes, controls, switches and caps, mirrors etc) Chrome rotors, calipers, hardware, upper fork covers and lower sliders. Stainless Russell brake line kit. Chrome windshield. Short passenger sissy bar with small pad and luggage rack (detatchable). Riders back rest and much more I'm forgetting.
http://www.roadglide.org/index.php

#3 ·
'06 RG, nice bike. That painted inner fairing really sets that bike apart from the others. Do you usually run with that shorty sheild? I put one of those on my '02 RG for a while and liked it but only when wearing my full face helmet for anything other than a hope around town. Nice pics.

#4 · (Edited)
Great idea, Here's a pic of mine with the trunk. I love the looks of the painted inner fairing as well, hope to do mine soon. Even though my nickname is wydeglyde don't worry. wyde is for my 97 dyna wide glide and the glyde is for my 05 Roadglide.

Here's one without the trunk and my new S&S stainless ovals

btw, the second pic was taken this weekend after a ride. I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Here's a pic of my wideglide

#5 ·
The RoadGlide, H-D's best kept secret

:thanks: Thanks guys for the compliments. I appreciate it. 2 nice looking Pearl Yellow Glides. How about that, and to have a nice wide glide too.
As for the shorty windshield. I don't usually run one that short. I've been riding here lately when the temps are 50+. It's pretty cold with it but I just got it and like the looks of it so had to check it out. It's getting quite a few comments on the street too. I'll probably go back to the standard here soon until it really warms up.~!Awesome! I've always felt that the RoadGlide was just a little different than anything else being offered. You'll see hundreds of Electra Glides, Fat Boys etc and only see a couple of FLTR's. Nothing wrong with those other models. I've owned Night Trains and Electra Glides and liked them all. I just like the Roady a little better.:thumbsup:

#6 · (Edited)
Here's the best pic i could find of mine without people. She's an 01 and I love her. Obviously the fastest posted so far, she's Black!

Anyhow, I got the motor straightned out at 100/100+ so now I am gonna start working on the cosmetics, i gotta have a project going all the time...

All chrome front end including controls brakes and rotors, custom wheels paint, etc, etc on the way. Figure I'll spend the rest of my time on this earth making her purtyer...:)

#7 ·
Adlrex, what are the specs on that motor to get you to 100/100. Very good numbers indeed. Like the V&H propipe. I had that pipe on my '02 RG, no question the 2 into 1 make the power.

#9 · (Edited)
Here is my 05, Black Pearl, and I have to say I am still in love;)

Most of my work has been motor with a few cosmetics and comforts. Mustang Seat/Progressive 440 HD/ Sony/Infinity Kappa Stereo/Short Tour Pac with Luggage Rack/True Duels/Metzler 880/ Doherety Power Pack and Cover/True View Shield, Tint, Short/Road Dawg Leather Lowers/ISO Grips, Highway Rider Pegs/Front Floating Rotors/Heritage Bars/Girder Extended Brake Pedal, Shift Rod.

As we all know we ride the top of the food chain-2$en#e-

And now that Black one is the second fastest color here :whistle:

Look how fast it is sitting still^rolleyez^

#10 ·
Thanks, I have a great Mrs. that understands. She can't drive anymore due to a health issue so we sold her sporty and bought the Roadglide so we can 2up. She still loves riding.

I thought I would split time between the bikes 50/50 but so far it has been 90/10 for the RG! The dyna has an 80" putting out 92 hp / 97tq and is fun to ride, but 9 times out of 10 when I walk into the garage its the RG I jump on.

I've demo'd the RG's for the last 3-4 years and loved them so much I kept telling people they should try one. After I got mine and told a lot of folks how much I love it there have been quite a few sold here. Instead of an average of 1 or 2 per year, they have sold 5 or 6.

Word is definitely getting out.

#12 ·
Good idea

Great idea and some mighty fine looking bikes, I've personalized mine a bit and have a set of fullsacs on the way, decided that I wanted to hear the radio after all...

#14 ·
joediver said:
Great idea and some mighty fine looking bikes, I've personalized mine a bit and have a set of fullsacs on the way, decided that I wanted to hear the radio after all...
Man I am with you there. You will like the fullsacs. Which baffle did you go with? I went with the 2".

#15 ·
Road Glider said:
LAF, glad you found this thread. Your RG is very nice indeed. Black Pearl looks good on her.
Thank you.

You know I love all the colors on the RG'S, they are just stunning bikes all the way around.

I agree the word is getting out and you do see more on the roads.

I will have this one until I die for sure.

#16 ·
Thanks to all for the great RG pictures. Just my opinion, but Road Glides are the coolest looking bikes.

Question: I only ride one-up. I am thinking about getting a Mustang solo seat. I looked around but I haven't seen any pictures of what an RG looks like with just a solo seat. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Bernie

#17 ·
berniefxst said:
Thanks to all for the great RG pictures. Just my opinion, but Road Glides are the coolest looking bikes.

Question: I only ride one-up. I am thinking about getting a Mustang solo seat. I looked around but I haven't seen any pictures of what an RG looks like with just a solo seat. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Bernie
They look sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!! My 2nd to next purchase will be a Mustang Solo with Back Rest. I like the looks of mine when I don't have any thing on except my backrest.

And it is only a screw away from being a full tourer again.

#18 ·
Fullsacs

Road Glider,

Steve recommended the 2 inch cores for the 103 motor and I went with it. Now I'll just have to find the time install them before riding season kicks into full gear.

#19 ·
I think a solo seat looks great on the Roadglides. Unfortunately, the protective plastic wasn't installed under my seat at the factory so by the time we had a few miles on it the paint on the fender was already damaged. If I decide to throw a solo seat on it someday it will mean repainting the fender.

I just cleaned the inside of my headlight cover thanks to help I received here. The guys at the dealer thought I had to remove the outer fairing to remove the clear lens. Pulled up from the bottom and the to lower catches came free. The uppers were harder to release, had to carefully pry them with a flat blade.

#20 ·
joediver said:
Road Glider,

Steve recommended the 2 inch cores for the 103 motor and I went with it. Now I'll just have to find the time install them before riding season kicks into full gear.
Steve is a nice guy isn't he. I think you will be pleased with those mufflers. Respectable sound but not so loud to be tiresome while cruising and listening to the stereo. I can't believe you have not gotten them on the bike just so you can hear them. I am like a kid when the next new thing arrives, I just have to get it on the bike to check it out.

#22 ·
Road Glider said:
Adlrex, what are the specs on that motor to get you to 100/100. Very good numbers indeed. Like the V&H propipe. I had that pipe on my '02 RG, no question the 2 into 1 make the power.
Read all about it here.......
The SAE correction yields 99.29hp/110.9tq. I don't care about all the bikering, or the numbers for that matter, just know it's a blast to ride and super quick!

#23 ·
How many of you guys are runnng the clearview windshield on your RG. I got one and really like it. I went for the one a little shorter than stock so I could see over and not thru it. I am 6 foot and this one worked out great for me.

#2,256 ·
I'm 6 foot, as well, 32-inch inseam, got the stock height and barely looking over it. I'd consider taking 1/2-inch off but will get used to it. I have a Tallboy seat that's a little lower than stock, but I might elevate it with a beaded seat cover. Or put a little more air in the rear shocks...

I really like the Clearview...big difference in buffetting.

#24 ·
New member to the RG club officially yesterday

Hi all,

Just purchased my mint condition 02 Black Road Glide yesterday. Man is she pretty!!! I hope to have pics up soon. I am also looking to post pics of my mufflers to see if any one can tell me what kind they are. They are kinda megaphone shaped that are horizontaly slash cut . They might be a tad louder than I was hoping for and I will probably go with something else.

questions: My bike came with a quick release tour pack that has the speakers in it (king pack). It has a small plug coming from the tour pack for the rear speakers, how or where do I hook them up?

Also, is there a way to tighten my seat up? Everything appears to be attached correctly yet I can pull up on the front and move it alot. Is this normal or do I need to maybe bend the tab on the seat? Have not had time yet to even take it off.

It really sucks today, new bike, the week off of work ,and 4 inches of snow on the ground. Is it spring yet?

Regards,
Q

#25 ·
Welcome qew9999 and congrats on the bike. Be sure to post some pics and someone will be able to identify those pipes, I have only been on this site for a few months but have found the people here more helpful than any other site I have tried.

There should be a harness that runs under the seat to hook into the speakers. You may have to remove the seat to dig it out. As far as the loose seat goes, I'm not sure. I will check mine tonight and let you know. There shouldn't be too much movement there, but it seems to me there is probably some play.

#26 ·
qew9999 said:
Hi all,

Just purchased my mint condition 02 Black Road Glide yesterday. Man is she pretty!!! I hope to have pics up soon. Q
Hey congrats on that new bike. My first RG was a black '02 and I loved that bike. Tell us more about your bike and post up those pics when you get a chance. We can help determine what pipes/mufflers you have when you post up those pics. Some of the manufacturers put a logo embossed near the rear of the muffler so look there to see if you see any markings and tell us what you see. On your speakers question, the post above is right on. About the seat I would pull it off and check that front tab, might need some adjustment, you should not be able to pull up too far on the front of the seat if adjusted correctly but since it fits just with the tab there will be some play to it.

Tell us what mods were done to the bike already, anything done to the motor that you know of?

Too bad it is winter now where you live, that has to be tough not to be able to get out on that new scooter and ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.