V-Twin Forum banner

2801 - 2820 of 2823 Posts

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
RGU rear fender tip light. On the 2016 they had a Run/Brake light there on the M8 it is just a chrome place holder. Sense I have been told 3 times the earlier part HD offers will not fit, to add this light I am posting this .
The rear fender on the M8 is the same fender that is on the 2016 and all Rushmore RGU.
If you want the Fender tip light it is part number .
59776-10 For Smoked ( If you go smoked forget that silly reflector)
59685-10 For Red.
Cost is $65-$79 depending on how well you get along with dealer. If you want more light to the rear and another Brake light , it does not get any easier.

It is a simple install two screws and run the plug up to tail light and plug it in. No wiring 100% plug and play. To remove the place holder and install the light took 15 minutes with coffee.

The part you remove:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/SXLZX9]

What it looks like 15 minutes latter.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Na7GFu]

For those that still say it won't fit. The box it came in.
[url=https://flic.kr/p/U3yb5D]

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Something you should know

I recently did some changes to my new 2017 RGS that required me to remove the gas tank. I figures while I had the tank off I might as well check the spark plugs. What I found was really alarming. All 4 plugs were loose just a tad over finger tight. I consider myself extremely lucky that the plugs stayed in place and the engine didn't get damaged as I have over 18K miles on my bike.

To all you new 2017 107 owners all I have to say is check your plugs

Kidzap

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Some production Numbers for you .
Here are some numbers for 2017. HD reports CA numbers separate from the rest of US. Useless information some may like to see.
RGU 2017 total 4621, 287 were CA
RGU in the Black hills Gold and Black Quartz Total 308 , 10 were CA.

Generally around 6 months after production stops. HD will provide you with the numbers.
So now I know that there are 298 RGU's in my color in the US and 10 in CA.

·
Registered
43 Posts
First touring frame in the garage. Spent about a week talking to owners of all the glides, test rode a couple different models. Had the biggest **** eating grin when I came back from the test ride on this..

Gonna swap out the front markers for the LEDs I have on my Deuce and maybe get some new slipons (thinking Rinehart).

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
First touring frame in the garage. Spent about a week talking to owners of all the glides, test rode a couple different models. Had the biggest **** eating grin when I came back from the test ride on this..

Gonna swap out the front markers for the LEDs I have on my Deuce and maybe get some new slipons (thinking Rinehart).

Enjoy the RG we are on our 5th RG or RGU

·
Registered
34 Posts
Added some new mirrors and solo seat with rider backrest. I also got the passenger pillion for wife. I removed the heavy breather elite and added the HD chiseled a/c to accept my lower fairings for winter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Congrats

Bikes Looking Good

Womack

·
Registered
59 Posts
Added some new mirrors and solo seat with rider backrest. I also got the passenger pillion for wife. I removed the heavy breather elite and added the HD chiseled a/c to accept my lower fairings for winter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Congrats

Bikes Looking Good

Womack
Thanks man the bike has changed some since then.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I needed to get rid of the poor halogen lights on the RG, so I decided to install some LEDs. Waited until dark to go for a ride to test them out and it is truly an amazing difference in lighting - I am quite happy with the upgrade.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks good Zedbra!

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Just joined the family...for those that remember...yeah, I remember the promise that you would never see me on a barcolounger! ^rolleyez^

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
20,453 Posts
Turn ign switch knob to off, and wait at least 15 seconds.
Turn knob to the accessory position.
Wait for the warning screen to display.
Press and hold the power/mute button until the service menu comes up.
From that menu select [Reset] then select [mileage reset] then select [yes] to confirm the reset.

We should prolly make this a sticky.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Winter came to an abrupt stop last week and it kicked my motivation in high gear to complete my winter maintenance and mods. I tackled quite a few projects and I'm proud of all I managed to accomplish with some basic tools, a service manual, videos, forum threads, patience, and a little guidance here.there from a local Indie when I was having blonde moments (I had a few). Only specialty tools I needed was a 36mm wrench for the forks and a rear axle nut wrench.

List of maintenance/mods: complete tear down of front forks:
* replaced bushings, added Progressive HD springs, polished the lowers, and then had them Cerakoted
* swapped out my all fairing lights to blue LEDs, including pulling the speedo/tach apart and soldering new LEDs. I sent the stereo to Iron Cross to repair and modify. Ran USB input into glove box
* repaired cracked mounting holes on outer fairing with 3M epoxy
* pulled rear swing arm off and replaced the bearings. One was almost seized and cracked right across the middle. Replaced the rubber bushings as well
* pulled tank and replaced fuel filter
* replaced air intake, derby cover, and cam cover
* replaced shift linkage
* replaced air horn with bottle opener and Fiam blaster
* replaced air shocks with Pro Action shocks
* polished all chrome while pulled off bike and then what was left remaining on the bike
* added glovebox liners, Quadlock phone holder, new headlight bezel (just did this today)
* drilled out front turn signal bezels to accept dual amber/white 1157 bulbs
* repaired rear cush drive pulley as something jammed up in the belt and popped off one of the tack welds and bent the inner guard a bit
* installed Progressive Touring link but I need an alignment to get the link to properly install

All that is left is to get proper pipe clamps to fit the Reinhart system (the old ones snapped off when I pulled off the rear slips) and I am going to get my Indie shop to adjust the alignment and install my new motor mount. I pulled the rear tire and loosened the rear sing arm three different times to try to pop the alignment into place but I am still a few mm out and the rear tire is close to the fender on the right side - my Progressive Touring link will not install due to poor alignment. I figured I'll let the Indie install the new front motor mount I bought from him when he goes in there to loosen everything up for the alignment. It will be insured and riding season again in 2 weeks; I am 1.5 months ahead of my May deadline for completion. I was so stoked to get it together that I went for a quick rip around the neighbourhood without pipes, grinning the whole time.

2801 - 2820 of 2823 Posts