V-Twin Forum banner

2781 - 2800 of 2823 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
I guess I never thought of posting my RG here. Some of you have seen it. Just a RG Custom. LOL

·
CrazierThanAShi*houseRat
108 Posts
I will try this again. The last time I posted some pics the post never appeared. Here is my plain jane 15 RG that I have dressed up a bit. It was a left over 15 that I got in Feb for a real good price.
LOVE that Mysterious Red Sunglow. Tried so hard to grab a standard in that color with ABS, just couldn't find one. Ended up going with a vivid black special. Nothing wrong with black, but that sunglow is sooo nice.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Awesome looking RG and pretty close to what I would have bought if had the money for a new bike. What bars are on it and how do you like them?
Thanks man !!! I got a great deal on it I also traded in a 14 sgs and put it towards the rgs. Anyways the bars are the Harley chizeled bars they are 14 inch at grips and 16 inches at peak height. I love them they are probably the most comfortable bar I road with to date. Wiring them internally was a little harder than my Yaffe monkey bars.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Traded my 2016 RGU for a 2017 RGU m8. The deal was right so I took it. Working on getting rid of all red lens light on it and going smoke. Few other changes so far.

100_2097 by bob smith, on Flickr

·
Registered
59 Posts
Added some new mirrors and solo seat with rider backrest. I also got the passenger pillion for wife. I removed the heavy breather elite and added the HD chiseled a/c to accept my lower fairings for winter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
The 2017 was fine the way it was delivered. but that is not how it works with HD. changing it is just part of the experience.
1. Installed extend break pedal in black
2. Started removing red lens and going smoke.
Put smoked rear fend light on
HD filler lights
HD Smoked LED tail light no tag light
CD tag light bolts
Tour pak lights are next
3. Front turn signals.
CD LED inserts with smoked lens. Show white turn amber for turns.
I just did not think the red lens looked best with the color.

100_2089 by bob smith, on Flickr

100_2106 by bob smith, on Flickr

100_2103 by bob smith, on Flickr

·
Registered
206 Posts
After i can say a few years of wishful thinking and research, today i purchased a new 2016 Road Glide Ultra. Due to a paperwork snafu i will drive it off the lot tomorrow. I m not gonna hash out prices, warranties, etc on here but i believe i got a fantastic deal considering the time of year, 2017s and such. I will start minor cosmetic work and save the staging work till after a cross country ride this summer. Im not a big techi and had to be pushed to get this new audio compared to a 2013 or earlier good ol CD player.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
After i can say a few years of wishful thinking and research, today i purchased a new 2016 Road Glide Ultra. Due to a paperwork snafu i will drive it off the lot tomorrow. I m not gonna hash out prices, warranties, etc on here but i believe i got a fantastic deal considering the time of year, 2017s and such. I will start minor cosmetic work and save the staging work till after a cross country ride this summer. Im not a big techi and had to be pushed to get this new audio compared to a 2013 or earlier good ol CD player.
Nice ride. You can put more music on one 32G flash disk than you could carry on the bike in cd's. It takes some getting use to . You can do most of it by voice or using the controls on the handle bars.
No doubt there are some great deals to be had on new 2016's.
As I stated enjoyed my 2016 every single one of the 20K I put on it.
Did you get them to throw in the GPS update? 2017 have the newest maps 2016 did not.
If dealer did not do it yet also have them update the radio flash, among other thing the accept screen will go away on it's own after 15 seconds.
Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Nice ride. You can put more music on one 32G flash disk than you could carry on the bike in cd's. It takes some getting use to . You can do most of it by voice or using the controls on the handle bars.
No doubt there are some great deals to be had on new 2016's.
As I stated enjoyed my 2016 every single one of the 20K I put on it.
Did you get them to throw in the GPS update? 2017 have the newest maps 2016 did not.
If dealer did not do it yet also have them update the radio flash, among other thing the accept screen will go away on it's own after 15 seconds.
Enjoy the ride.
I saw software updates on the website that look pretty straight forward. Put 200 miles on it today, spent more time getting used to the weight and tight turns. Practiced some figure 8s in a parking lot. big difference from 13 yrs of riding a night train. I figured out the "basics" of Rushmore pretty quick, FM and ipod anyway. Neutral can seem hard to find but getting better, very delicate or i go right past. The hydraulic clutch is awesome.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
I saw software updates on the website that look pretty straight forward. Put 200 miles on it today, spent more time getting used to the weight and tight turns. Practiced some figure 8s in a parking lot. big difference from 13 yrs of riding a night train. I figured out the "basics" of Rushmore pretty quick, FM and ipod anyway. Neutral can seem hard to find but getting better, very delicate or i go right past. The hydraulic clutch is awesome.
If you really want to make that HYD clutch great try some Adjustable levers. Several different one on the market.
The HDY is not adjustable by using adjustable levers you can move the engagement point closer to the grip allow better low speed control.
Also the extended bark pedal lowers the rear brake angle allow for improved low speed braking.
Enjoy that wonderful ride.

2781 - 2800 of 2823 Posts