V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Yup....paid my $15.00
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day,

Maybe someone here can help me out.

I've relocated my license plate (thanks to everyone here for the tip on the SoftBrake Product), but now, I would like to remove the H-D Emblem on the fender of my Road Glide.

Does anyone know if this can be removed like on the Road Kings, with a little bit of heat?? From feeling on the inside of the fender, it feels like this emblem is screwed in??

Does anyone know for sure, before I go removing it? And if there is a screw, any ideas what I can use to cover the hole?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
It looks to me like the emblem on the road glide serves the same purpose as the one on my '05 King. It hides the flush head bolt that secures the fender to the muffler/saddlebag bar. The emblem is stuck on with 2 sided tape.

I used heat and some goo gone to get mine off. You still need to cover the flush bolt, but if your license bracket is like mine (bolts into the turn signal bolt holes and hangs under the tail light) you can get some new 3M two sided tape and just move it down to clear the license plate bracket and still cover the flush bolt.

Take a look at the link below and see if your bracket looks like mine.

·
Yup....paid my $15.00
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

Is your license plate bracket the one from Soft Brake? Mine is...and we have the same turn signals.

I do feel a screw behind the fender, but think you are right in that the emblem covers the flush screw.

Great looking Road King!!!

thanks, I'm going to try this on Monday, and see if I can move my emblem lower.

Cheers!

·
Yup....paid my $15.00
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pics are coming....taking them this week.

It looks like your relocation bracket is the same one. Think I'm going to paint mine black as well. (by the way....you bike is awesome looking).

Thanks for your input. Have a safe and happy holiday!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts