V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine on my 01 fits like CRAP! the inner and outer clamshell juust don't come anywhere close to fitting together. The gaps are large and really ugly. I have had the outter fairing off several times and it just seems like it fits chittyer and chittyer every time it goes back on. I would like to address this over the winter. What have you done to get this thing to fit right? Do I have to buy a new inner or outter?
I don't see many RG's where I live so I haven't really talked to anyone who's had problems with theirs but I have noticed that the newer ones on the bikes I have seen seem to fit better. What did they change on the RG fairings for 05? I really can't tell by looking. Can I put a new model on my bike if I end up having to replace it? I really want this thing to fit, I not that big on chrome and shiney stuff but I would like this to look as intended. The Stealer was more clueless about a solution than me and they're the ones who have R&R'd it the last two times. (what a bunch of bozos!)

I just want to fix it and would spend some pretty serious cash if I coould get it PERFECT. If it's still not gonna be perfect, I'll just leave it.

HELP!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
well did you ever get this looking good?
I ordered a Road Glide in 03, but backed out of it for a EG Classic since I park it out side and 90/103 weather durring the summer months and figures with the dash laid out like it is... would look like crap... and I was right from the ones I've seen...I guss you could cover it.

but I like this...
1) Don't sweat the small stuff. 2) It's all small stuff
seems like it could apply here?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Brother-in-law took delivery of an 06 RG in June and had the outer replaced by October under warranty. Fit was was terrible and one of the windshield mounting holes was so big the shield kept popping off. However, mine fits perfect even after having it off 4 or 5 times to replace the speakers and replace the speakers and replace them again. Blown the stock set and two sets of Hog Tunes. Almost an expert on taking off the fairing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts