V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling the '05 SuperGlide and moving up to a Road King Classic.

Local dealer(s) in St. Louis are getting MSRP+650 freight&setup.

That brings a black RKC to $18,171 out the door.

That sound about right???

Any other options to think about? Looks like they come standard with cruise and EFI.

Thanks.

G

·
Cruise and EFI are stock on the Classic. That price is fair. Not a screaming deal (there are others who will post how they got one for 1/2 MSRP, with 130% off parts, and a BJ). But the fact is that's not a bad deal. Maybe try to get the Race Tuner and the SE air cleaner thrown in.

Harris

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
kballowe said:
Any other options to think about?
One thing to keep in mind is HD parts installed prior to you taking delivery have a one year warranty.

If you add the same part after you take delivery the warranty is 90 days.

Don't ask me why. :dunno:

·
A$$HOLE!
467 Posts
kballowe said:

Thanks.
Hey I have a used, but nearly new 05' RK Custom with tons of extras for sale in the classifieds if you're interested at all. PM sent. I am in Eastern Iowa and delivery is a possibility.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.

Pick up the new bike on Friday.

Now I need a backrest for the old lady.........

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also just bought an '06 RKC from dealer in Okla.
Paid $17,195.00 + 720.00 dealer prep & freight = $17,915.00
Of course I had to add a few xtras:
V & H BS Duals
Comfort stitch seat
Tour Pak
a few other chrome goodies
$20,673.00 Total

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
wvwayne said:
Was just at my local stealership today. He sells for msrp only. No Fees, No Freight, No setup charges. IMHO if you paid more than that you got draged over the coals.#Sp[email protected]
sounds like Ben Breece HD to me. they sell like that year round, they don't change the price with the weather like most dealers do.

enjoy your new bike they're great looking scoots those RKCs.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
brownjams said:
sounds like Ben Breece HD to me. they sell like that year round, they don't change the price with the weather like most dealers do.

enjoy your new bike they're great looking scoots those RKCs.
Brownie, enough already!!! We all know!!!;[email protected];

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
adlerx said:
Brownie, enough already!!! We all know!!!;[email protected];
so you don't need directions there then, if so let me know. :) so it's ok to rip on dealers and venders to no end but not to give the thumbs up to great dealers. OK got it. I'll PM in the future if anyones interested in the dealer I've referred to, too many times apparently.

·
Registered
13 Posts
kballowe said:

Local dealer(s) in St. Louis are getting MSRP+650 freight&setup.

That brings a black RKC to $18,171 out the door.

That sound about right???

Any other options to think about? Looks like they come standard with cruise and EFI.

Thanks.
Is that $18,171 for real "out the door" including taxes, or was tax additional?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. Don't worry about whether you *could have* saved 500 bucks by driving to timbuktu. You've got your bike, just enjoy it.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
I was kinda of hoping frieght and set up would become a thing of the past. Over MSRP too. But either way you got your bike and you like it. Its worth it to you. Thats what it really comes down to is what is it worth to you.

And now if ever in IL I know where not to go.;)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
berserker said:
I was kinda of hoping frieght and set up would become a thing of the past. Over MSRP too. But either way you got your bike and you like it. Its worth it to you. Thats what it really comes down to is what is it worth to you.

And now if ever in IL I know where not to go.;)
I overlooked the freight/setup + MSRP pricing structure because they gave a lot more on trade than I figured..... They also threw in ten hours free shop labor and a nice detachable backrest with a pad. The deal turned out to be about $1,500 better than the two other dealers, and that's not counting the extras. Having a trade complicates the numbers - the focus then shifts to the "difference". In the end, I'm very happy with the deal. And you're right "Thats what it really comes down to is what is it worth to you"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts