V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my bike back from the dealer right before christmas from them doing my BB kit. I got about 1 mile away when I heard a loud squeal when I would slow down to stop. I rode the bike back and asked the dealer if they had to mess with the rear brake because as soon as you press the pedal the sound goes away. He said that it was normal and that it should dissapear.

Now 150miles later and it still drives me crazy. I tried cleaning the disk with brake cleaner with no luck. Now, the bike has 3300 miles on it and the only brake noise I heard was from the front. Should I just remove the rear and put Lyndall Z pads and get it over with? I didn't see any kind of adjustment that you can do with the pedal.

Anyone have the same loud squeal at lower speed?

·
Have chrome will travel
506 Posts
Even if they weren't squealing I'd change em, The Lyndalls are a much better and cleaner pad.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
RK05 said:
...He said that it was normal and that it should dissapear...
That's my favorite dealer response. I had a tech guy tell me that once about some issue on my bike. It was the last time I went to a dealership for anything other than parts.

...The Lyndall pads work great, in my opinion. I had the famed front brake squeek until I put a set of golds on.

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found a good price for the Z+ pads at Cyclespot. So, I guess that I will just junk the MoCo POS pads.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
good choice, just make sure you clean the old caliper pistons before installing the new ones........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts