V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen at Harley's site that there is now a Peace Officers Edition of the Road King in addition to the FLHTCUI, but there's no photo. Anyone familiar with the P.O.S.E. bikes? Mostly wondering what "Dark Peace Officer Blue" looks like, and if there are any other detail changes.

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
I'm pretty sure the dark blue is the dark blue used in the two-tone bike they have pictured on the site. I'm also fairly certain there is nothing unique except the color.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
We've got some law enforcement members in the H/D Forum. I imagine they can tell us the differences. Indeed, just this weekend, IRL one of our law enforcement members commented that he's considering purchasing a police edition bike. I'll drop him a private message.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you go to the HD website and select the products pull down menu there is a tab for "Police Motorcycles" This takes you to the Police Motorcycle Division page. Click on "2002 Models" and you can select the P.O.S.E from the list of police motorcycles. The Firefighter Edition is good looking also.

Tom

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. The size of the image and my so-so monitor has made it hard for me to tell too much about the dark blue color on the Ultra shown on the P.O.S.E. page at Harley's site.
I can't find anything at the site that shows the P.O.S.E. RK, only the Firefighters Edition. If anyone knows where an image might be, please post a link! Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the 03 Peace Officers Road King. It is in "Night Watch Blue", the dark blue of the two tone lighter blue and darker blue. In 04 and later it is also available in Black. The Roadkings themselves are identical to the basic Road King, except for a decal on the tank that says Piece Officer Special Edition and an emblem that you can either fasten to the dash board or somewhere. Now I think some Softtail's are available.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
I have the 03 Peace Officers Road King. It is in "Night Watch Blue", the dark blue of the two tone lighter blue and darker blue. In 04 and later it is also available in Black. The Roadkings themselves are identical to the basic Road King, except for a decal on the tank that says Piece Officer Special Edition and an emblem that you can either fasten to the dash board or somewhere. Now I think some Softtail's are available.
Yep, a friend of mine has one in Black, here is a pic of it. I don't think he'll mind me showing it! I think it's an 07.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've seen at Harley's site that there is now a Peace Officers Edition of the Road King in addition to the FLHTCUI, but there's no photo. Anyone familiar with the P.O.S.E. bikes? Mostly wondering what "Dark Peace Officer Blue" looks like, and if there are any other detail changes.
I've got an 03 Shrine "Peace Officer Edition" and it seems to be a different color, different emblems, etc. than all the other 03 Road Kings I've noticed. You can find some pictures here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/SKooter42/2003HDRoadKing#

Ride Safe
SKooter

·
Registered
822 Posts
The Roadkings themselves are identical to the basic Road King, except for a decal on the tank that says Piece Officer Special Edition and an emblem that you can either fasten to the dash board or somewhere.
Starting with the 08 models, the tank emblem just says "motor cycle" above and below where it says "Harley Davidson". The bike comes with special metal inserts that go over "motor cycle" and say "peace officer special edition"

Here's a link to the Peace Officer special edition RoadKing bikes.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/2009_Motorcycles_SpecialEdition/2009_SpecialEdition_models.jsp?locale=en_US&seFamily=po&seModel=flhr

And here's is a shameless plug for Milwaukee HD. They have the cheapest prices on POSE bikes. Their price for the 09 Ultra Classic POSE is $19,044 right now. I would get one, but I bought an 08 from them last year.

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
I've got an 03 Shrine "Peace Officer Edition" and it seems to be a different color, different emblems, etc. than all the other 03 Road Kings I've noticed. You can find some pictures here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/SKooter42/2003HDRoadKing#

Ride Safe
SKooter
Special Edition bikes are Shrine, Peace Officer and Fire Fighter. You can't have a Shrine Peace Officer Edition because they don't exist. The pics at the above website are of a POSE Road King. I qualify for both POSE and Shrine bikes and have researched them thoroughly for several years. I currently have a 2007 Shrine Ultra.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The local HD shop here has 2008 used police bikes availible for $14700.00. Thes bike were used by the Santa Rosa County SO. They look very good with the dark metalic green and white. SRCO does not use their bikes very much and are on a one year lease program. The one I looked at only had 4000 mile on it and it was was of the high mileage bikes. They are the 2008 standard glide with the 103ci black and polished motor. They come with the air ride seat, anti lock brakes, and extra chrome. I like the bags. They are hard bags with the knob on top. They can be easily opened while riding and they do have locks on them. These used department bikes have a few extras that the factory Peace Officer bikes don't have and when you can find a department bike with less than 5000 miles it is rare, at least around here. The adjoining county and the city that also trade their bikes at this dealership run their bikes everyday and rack up the miles. If anyone is interested in one let me know and I can get you a contact who will probably be willing to email photos. This is my second day on this forum so I'm still a little unclear of the rules. I am not a saleman and am not trying to advertise for any dealer.

·
Registered
822 Posts
There are some pluses and minuses to buying a pre-owned PD bike. Some of the good points are that they are well maintained, some have oil coolers, larger engine, high output electrical systems, abs, and some others. Some of the negatives are, no radio, wiring harness is different than civilian, hand controls are different, and ridden hard. Lots of rapid acceleration and quick stops. Lots of clutch use and wear.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Special Edition bikes are Shrine, Peace Officer and Fire Fighter. You can't have a Shrine Peace Officer Edition because they don't exist. The pics at the above website are of a POSE Road King. I qualify for both POSE and Shrine bikes and have researched them thoroughly for several years. I currently have a 2007 Shrine Ultra.
Not sure what you mean but my 2008 Bike is labeled as a Road King Shine Peace Officer Edition. I know this for a fact. I had to sign the paper from HD saying and proving I was a peace officer or a former peace officer. Harley also sells these at a discount due to this fact, like the old military special edition..

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Not sure what you mean but my 2008 Bike is labeled as a Road King Shine Peace Officer Edition. I know this for a fact. I had to sign the paper from HD saying and proving I was a peace officer or a former peace officer. Harley also sells these at a discount due to this fact, like the old military special edition..
There might be a paperwork glitch. You do have to show police ID (or retired police) to get a new POSE bike or a Shrine membership card to get a new Shrine bike. They aren't the same thing. Like I said, I can get either one, but the IDs required (and bikes) are different.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
The FLHRPI is a production police bike with 103 cubic inch. This is the same bike the police use has the solo seat and lights. The Road King Peace Officer Special is a standard Production FLHR with different colors and tank emblem and special fender bandge. Thats it nothing different same engine 96 cubic inch as standard Road King and Shriner Road King. Like I stated before you have to have served to purchase one.

BioTech

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
The FLHRPI is a production police bike with 103 cubic inch. This is the same bike the police use has the solo seat and lights. The Road King Peace Officer Special is a standard Production FLHR with different colors and tank emblem and special fender bandge. Thats it nothing different same engine 96 cubic inch as standard Road King and Shriner Road King. Like I stated before you have to have served to purchase one.

BioTech
Not sure what you're point is. I know what POSE, FFSE and Shrine bikes are. They are, by the way, sold through the H-D fleet program and don't count against dealer allocation. Other than paint schemes (in some cases), badging and VIN these are exactly the same as standard production bikes. I'm aware they aren't the bikes purchased and used by departments.

My '07 Ultra Shrine model is a regular Ultra, black cherry pearl in color (there were two Shrine colors plus all the regular colors....now three Shrine colors for '09) with all the regular Ultra badging. The only difference (besides about $2K cheaper) in my bike and a regular Ultra is the VIN. The 5th and 6th letters are FL which indicates a Shrine bike according to H-D.

As I said before I'm eligible to buy either a POSE or Shrine bike, but they require different IDs.

·
JumpMaster
9 Posts
You have to be a current or retired peace officer in order to purchase a POSE bike. You also have to provide documentation. The bikes are different, but considered in the same "family" as the Shrine bikes due to them being special editions. Other than that, they are "normal" Road Kings. I formerly had a 2006 Road King in black w/ the blue stripes. I a buddy of mine had the two-tone, same model year. Both bikes dress up rather nicely. I will put in a pic for your perusal.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts