V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K., today's the day ... finally! Hurricane Wilma caused us a couple of weeks delay. Picking up the '06 Pearl Yellow Road King Custom with a new Corbin Classic Solo, Corbin Touring Pillion, Corbin Original backrest, Corbin RK Sissy Bar pad, Std. Ht. sissy bar, Harley Touring Cat mufflers, Billet Grooved endcaps, Mid Low profile clear windshield, Layback license plate kit, and the heel shifter eliminator this afternoon! :wootdnc:

Anyone find a nice compact easy to put on rain cover to cover the seat and saddle bags on a custom? Plan to ride to work and back and we get a lot of afternoon showers here in S. Florida.

Thanks.

·
Registered
515 Posts
So someone else bought Pearl Yellow also, cool....post some pics when you get the chance.
I just throw my "HD" Touring Motorcycle Cover, rolled up in its tote bag, in one of my saddles.
Its water "repellant" & breathable and works fine for me up here on the FL. Panhandle.

·
'05 Road King Classic
806 Posts
shield v. cover

PickAttack said:
So someone else bought Pearl Yellow also, cool....post some pics when you get the chance.
I just throw my "HD" Touring Motorcycle Cover, rolled up in its tote bag, in one of my saddles.
Its water "repellant" & breathable and works fine for me up here on the FL. Panhandle.
Pickattack,

I looked at the HD site and they have several motorcycle covers. Do you use the 'touring storm shield' or the 'touring cover'? I know you say 'touring cover' but you also describe it as water repellant but the HD catalog only states the storm shield is water repellant. However, if your cover is one that HD describes as water resistant and it works well enough for you in Florida then it will be OK for me way up north. The reason I ask is because the storm shield is more than twice the money.

Thanks,
Dennis

·
Registered
515 Posts
deisenbraun said:
Pickattack,

I looked at the HD site and they have several motorcycle covers. Do you use the 'touring storm shield' or the 'touring cover'? I know you say 'touring cover' but you also describe it as water repellant but the HD catalog only states the storm shield is water repellant. However, if your cover is one that HD describes as water resistant and it works well enough for you in Florida then it will be OK for me way up north. The reason I ask is because the storm shield is more than twice the money.

Thanks,
Dennis
I've got the Touring Motorcycle Cover with the Eagle Logo...I'm not sure if or
what the advantage would be with the "Storm Shield", I'm guessing it may reflect the sun's rays better to protect the paint or maybe pack a little smaller, mine does fill up a saddle.
I'm know there are cheaper, comparable covers out there, I just went with this choice and what Harley had to offer.

·
'05 Road King Classic
806 Posts
Pickattack,

Thanks for the reply! You've saved my about $80 next spring. Here's a cold one for you ... :cheers:

Dennis E.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
PickAttack said:
, I just went with this choice and what Harley had to offer.
They count on you to do that.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PickAttack said:
... or maybe pack a little smaller, mine does fill up a saddle.
Thanks for the reply PickAttack. I'm really looking for something that doesn't fill up a saddle. My rain suit's in one and Miriam's is in the other. Tools, purse, windshield cleaning stuff, water bottles, snacks ... saddles have a way of filling up quickly.

I'm really just looking to protect the leather seats, backrests, and saddlebags. Was thinking maybe something like an oversized shower cap for each of the saddlebags. Then, all I'd have to worry about was the seat.

·
Registered
515 Posts
UltraClassic said:
Thanks for the reply PickAttack. I'm really looking for something that doesn't fill up a saddle. My rain suit's in one and Miriam's is in the other. Tools, purse, windshield cleaning stuff, water bottles, snacks ... saddles have a way of filling up quickly.

I'm really just looking to protect the leather seats, backrests, and saddlebags. Was thinking maybe something like an oversized shower cap for each of the saddlebags. Then, all I'd have to worry about was the seat.
Thats cool, what I have is fine for using when I drive my bike to work and short trips when there isn't the need for a lot of luggage, but it would probably take up too much space for extended traveling, which I confess, wished I had the time to do..
Check out Dowco Guardian Covers, they may have what you're looking for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts